FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 720 of 920 FirstFirst ... 220 620 670 710 718 719 720 721 722 730 770 820 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    You missed a spot....right there
    Haha, you caught me, I half-assed it on the wheels and used a sponge instead of a toothbrush. The weather looks like it's going to be crap Saturday so it was probably all for naught anyway.

The other thing I did that day was JBWeld my hood emblem back on b/c it fell off while I was washing it. Hopefully that was the right stuff to use. Maybe it was a good thing I washed it after all b/c I would have been un-thrilled if it had fallen off while I was driving down the road.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    The other thing I did that day was JBWeld my hood emblem back on b/c it fell off while I was washing it. Hopefully that was the right stuff to use. Maybe it was a good thing I washed it after all b/c I would have been un-thrilled if it had fallen off while I was driving down the road.
    JB Weld is efinitely NOT the stuff to use to attach the emblem to the hood. You want to use 3M VHB Trim Tape.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    JB Weld is efinitely NOT the stuff to use to attach the emblem to the hood. You want to use 3M VHB Trim Tape.
    Uh oh. Is it going to damage it?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Did you remove all the old adhesive tape from the back of the emblem before applying the JB weld?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Did you remove all the old adhesive tape from the back of the emblem before applying the JB weld?
    Not exactly.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Only if someone ever tries to remove it to re-grain the hood, repaint the emblem, etc.

The stainless will likely be damaged getting it off. Or if it falls off and the JB Weld still stays on the stainless, that will be a headache as well.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Only if someone ever tries to remove it to re-grain the hood, repaint the emblem, etc.

The stainless will likely be damaged getting it off. Or if it falls off and the JB Weld still stays on the stainless, that will be a headache as well.
    Ah. In the moment I just wanted to stick that sucker on so it would never fall off again. Mission accomplished, I guess.

My VIN:    10353

Changed the oil and installed new alternator thanks to the DMCH 10% off sale!

Filmed a before and after with accessories on and was nice to see the difference with the needle staying above 13 now at idle as it used to dip down to the yellow line before sitting in traffic with a high load running through the system.

Does anyone still buy the old Motorola ones? Wondering if I should list it on this site.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Its nice to have new Mineral Grey Metallic paint on the bumpers after having 36 yr old dead paint! Now putting everything back on and after 14 yrs of ownership, the car will be restored.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looks good
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 720 of 920 FirstFirst ... 220 620 670 710 718 719 720 721 722 730 770 820 ... LastLast