FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 853 of 920 FirstFirst ... 353 753 803 843 851 852 853 854 855 863 903 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,530 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    10XXX

Club(s):   (DCF)

added this to steering wheel

Just something to make it not look so bare. It looks better in person.

IMG_7131.jpg
    Steve Liggett
    Treasure Island, FL
    1982 automatic, VIN 10XXX, grey int

Previous: VIN 5983, VIN 3670
    Who knows where my previous 1981 with 6 cylinder Chevy engine is these days (cannot find that VIN) ?

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Annual clutch and brake circuit fluid flush.
    Also bought a new (second) set of jacks on sale at Oreillys. I’ve been down to one pair since the recall from Harbor Freight earlier this year.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    10201

I popped the upper control arm bushings out by hand... don't know why anyone is making all these weird contraptions to push them out

Also picked up a bunch of parts from the industrial cleaners

My VIN:    4328

This past weekend I Changed the manual transmission fluid w 80w90 valvoline gear oil. Took out the original craig radio and cleaned out all the potentiometers and knobs levers with contact cleaner electronic spray to remove all the crackling and speaker on/off issues. Installed poly sway bar bushing in the LCA's. Installed the front stainless license plate bracket so i can pass inspection in the spring. Installed new 3.5" Kicker speakers in the dash, new matching Kicker 4x10's coming in the mail for the rears next week. Annual oil and filter change with 15w40 Rotella T heavy duty diesel oil. Tightened some hose clamps. Installed new cool blue LED's in the AC panel to brighten things up a bit. Replaced the old crinkly vacuum house routing sticker in the engine bay. Took off the washer bottle box to unclog the washer pump from 40 yr old debris and also cleaned out the windshield washer nozzle and attached it to the wiper arm with black rtv adhesive. Finally I took her for a drive around on saturday cause it got up to 40 degrees!
    20201227_154931.jpg
    I try and edit these photos and save the sideways even to try and get the to go straight when i post but they just won't. Can anyone tell me how to get this right?
    Last edited by TheStoot; 12-28-2020 at 06:53 AM.

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to get this right?
    The forum software needs to be updated.

You'd have to open this in a graphic editor that ignores the orientation data and rotate it correctly.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    Took off the washer bottle box to unclog the washer pump from 40 yr old debris
    I did this recently as well. Turned out to be a huge pain in the butt. 7 out of 8 screws were completely rotted. Man I really wish companies would invest in stainless hardware.

My VIN:    6409

Club(s):   (DOC-UK) (DOI)

I try and edit these photos and save the sideways even to try and get the to go straight when i post but they just won't. Can anyone tell me how to get this right?[/QUOTE]

I've had this problem on other forums , try turning off auto rotate and take the pictures in landscape mode only.. dunno if its phone specific but works for me on my last 2 phones.

Shane
    only from the past can we choose the correct path for the future...

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I popped the upper control arm bushings out by hand... don't know why anyone is making all these weird contraptions to push them out

The upper control arm bushings are a press-fit design so if the bushings could be removed from the arms by hand, that is cause for concern. I see a lot of pitting in the photo which would indicate that there was quite a bit of corrosion prior to cleaning. There is a tight tolerance between the parts to create the interference/press fit to keep the bushing seated in the arm properly and prevent it from rotating.

Once that tolerance is lost and the bushing is free to rotate the control arm, you'll be wearing metal on metal between the bushing and the arm instead of the rubber in the bushing twisting as the suspension articulates.

Since the rubber bushings aren't available separately (unless you're replacing them with poly bushings) I'd seriously be considering replacing the upper control arms. They come as a complete assembly with the bushings already installed.

Otherwise if you are reusing the arms and bushings you'd have to cobble something together to fix the parts so they don't move relative to each other.

- You could reassemble the bushings into the arms and add a couple of tack welds to hold in the bushings in place. (This may burn or degrade the rubber in the bushing due to the heat from welding)

- Or you could weld in some backing plates into the arms that have a smaller ID hole that fits the bushings correctly for a press fit.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I went to replace my shifter linkage bushings. Rear one was shot, but I bought a full set just because. The others don’t have play, but it can’t hurt.
    The rear bolt was fucked up and stuck in the shifter extension, I ended up having to remove the extension and cut the bolt with a hacksaw. It was all mushroomed and boogered up the extension, so I ordered a new one.
    I also removed the shifter assembly to give it a good cleaning and lube.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Chipping away at the body off restoration.

LVS2ORym.jpg

KqMwDT5m.jpg

FSem9cKm.jpg

Z485i8nm.jpg

Getting pretty close to being able to get the wheels back on and Body/Transmission back in.

Page 853 of 920 FirstFirst ... 353 753 803 843 851 852 853 854 855 863 903 ... LastLast