FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 837 of 920 FirstFirst ... 337 737 787 827 835 836 837 838 839 847 887 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,370 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5510

My frame is now completely disassembled!!

Last night and today I removed the steering rack and trailing arms, which were the last few pieces. I've also decided on a new frame - going stainless steel from DeLorean Industries. I suspect it'll take a few weeks before I have it. I kind of went all out and got coilovers front and rear, new stainless brake and fuel lines, SPEC 'outriggers', etc. If anyone is looking for a replacement, or a secondary frame to fix up, I will be selling this one for cheap soon!

In the meantime, I've got a pile of parts from the old frame that will make their way to the new frame that I need to go through and fix up or replace. Anything staying will get stripped down, sandblasted, and powder coated. The lower control arms will get boxed in, too.

If anyone has any suggestions for specific things that should be done while the frame is bare and the engine and transmission are out, I'm all ears!

My VIN:    03572

I made a one inch thick foam box today to do some testing of my fan fail and other units as needed. My warming plate which I use when I pot with epoxy to heat the molds only has an 80 watt heater so my box needed to cover the one foot square aluminum plate to get high temperature tests. I was able to get one tested to 160 deg. F with a foam cooler from the dollar store but that was the limit because it left to much of that top plate exposed.
    Attached Images
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post

Last night and today I removed the steering rack and trailing arms, which were the last few pieces. I've also decided on a new frame - going stainless steel from DeLorean Industries. I suspect it'll take a few weeks before I have it. I kind of went all out and got coilovers front and rear, new stainless brake and fuel lines, SPEC 'outriggers', etc. If anyone is looking for a replacement, or a secondary frame to fix up, I will be selling this one for cheap soon!

In the meantime, I've got a pile of parts from the old frame that will make their way to the new frame that I need to go through and fix up or replace. Anything staying will get stripped down, sandblasted, and powder coated. The lower control arms will get boxed in, too.

If anyone has any suggestions for specific things that should be done while the frame is bare and the engine and transmission are out, I'm all ears!
    I would love to follow a project like this on insta, you should start a page!

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    - Great time to clean and paint the engine bay.
    - Clean and protect (dielectric grease at a min.) the ground points during reassembly. DeLorean grounds can be funky.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    10201

I now also have my frame nearly fully diassembled, minus one body bolt stuck in a spinning captive nut. Was planning of sandblasting it, but was told it wouldn't work. So I ordered some paint stripper and scrapers.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Tidied up my garage and NOS parts inventory today and realized it's starting to look like a small DMC franchise.

DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Tidied up my garage and NOS parts inventory today and realized it's starting to look like a small DMC franchise.
    Going forward we could all refer to your location as DMCCB.

My VIN:    10201

theres a guy i met in alabama trying to sell a NOS collection of parts if youd like to add to yours lol. luggage rack, windshield washer bottle, wide strip, thin stripe, tail lights and 100s of spark plugs & bulbs.

Wow. Are these spare parts for “just in case” or do you just enjoy collecting stuff?

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Going forward we could all refer to your location as DMCCB.
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    theres a guy i met in alabama trying to sell a NOS collection of parts if youd like to add to yours lol. luggage rack, windshield washer bottle, wide strip, thin stripe, tail lights and 100s of spark plugs & bulbs.
    Thanks, but I think I'm covered there. It's always exciting to stumble upon these cool part stashes.

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Wow. Are these spare parts for “just in case” or do you just enjoy collecting stuff?
    A bit of both. I recently bought a parts stash specifically for a few rare items, but I'm planning to sell a bunch of parts I don't need to help offset the cost.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Page 837 of 920 FirstFirst ... 337 737 787 827 835 836 837 838 839 847 887 ... LastLast