FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 778 of 920 FirstFirst ... 278 678 728 768 776 777 778 779 780 788 828 878 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Details details details - even the bits you can’t see - to make sure nothing is missed before my refinished fascias finally go back on this week.

The license plate bezel jack nuts are installed onto my newly refinished NOS rear fascia - and nicely aligned. The front fascia fiberglass support is reattached along with brand new spring latches for the grille ball studs. The rear fascia fiberglass closing panel has been detailed along with the harness and connectors - including with new loop ties and engine bay light assembly.
    Wow....perfect!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirolf View Post
    Still fixing a coolant leak but i have a nasty habit cleaning and painting every part i take off. Even replaced 99% of all the M7 bolts.
    Very nice as well!! I also dig your floor.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Replaced my faulty windshield wiper washer pump today. What a PITA!
    It's a tight squeeze pushing the water reservoir back up into the tub single handed without pinching the tubing and wiring.
    Tip: I found the best place for tubing and wiring is beside the wiring loom that goes up through a rubber grommet.
    Also used some copper grease on the bolts that hold the reservoir bucket in position for next time...

Robert
    Vin #3915
    Did you do a writeup or take pictures? I've been putting off this job.

Replacing Windshield Washer Pump

Quote Originally Posted by Boxbot View Post
    Did you do a writeup or take pictures? I've been putting off this job.
    There are photos of the procedure here if you scroll down this page ;
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?37...age8&styleid=2

As you can see it is really tricky removing the eight M5 screws that hold the black reservoir cover in place as the rivnuts will probably spin. Good idea to put some copper grease on new screws when refitting.

Hope that helps.

Robert
    vin#3915

My VIN:    3937

Anyone else ever have their headlight switch act strange like when you press it once, it seems like you pressed it twice?

Mine does this every so often. One press to turn on the running lights, another press to turn on the headlights and a third press to turn it off. Sometimes though you press it once and it feels like it 'double-clicked' sort of and goes straight to the headlights function except they don't always come on. It's bizarre really. As if it skips over part of the circuitry inside. Then I press it another time or two to get it back to the beginning and it's fine. Gremlins maybe. It's a Houston replacement from late 2007 when those first became available again after the NOS ones had run out.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Anyone else ever have their headlight switch act strange like when you press it once, it seems like you pressed it twice?

Mine does this every so often. One press to turn on the running lights, another press to turn on the headlights and a third press to turn it off. Sometimes though you press it once and it feels like it 'double-clicked' sort of and goes straight to the headlights function except they don't always come on. It's bizarre really. As if it skips over part of the circuitry inside. Then I press it another time or two to get it back to the beginning and it's fine. Gremlins maybe. It's a Houston replacement from late 2007 when those first became available again after the NOS ones had run out.
    Yup, I have seen that before. Normal for the DMCH switch.

These oddities are the reason why I went with DMCEU's stock style reproduction switch.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Yup, I have seen that before. Normal for the DMCH switch.
    I think DMCH made a change or two to their switch over the years. I have one built within the last 4 years that works perfectly.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

And that’s one sexy ass! Best rear light assembly of any car ever imho.

My newly refinished NOS rear fascia is on and it’s a glorious improvement over the original fascia which had some minor heat warping and an inaccurate paint finish.

Fixed a few original fitment issues by opening up some of the fiberglass fascia support-to-pontoon holes with a file. One side was drilled a little too low by the factory causing the original fascia to get pulled down on the passenger side. If you have any fitment or alignment issues I’d start there as the original holes don’t have much wiggle room for adjustment.

I also had to adjust the lower driver bracket to catch the driver corner fascia stud. This was a real pain in the ass as pulling it in too far to catch the bracket would cause the bumper to bend out at the mid section whilst keeping it flush at the top. I managed to bend the bracket to avoid the stud being pulled in too far. A real time suck.

Overall I’m really happy with the fitment as it’s tricky to know how a NOS fascia is going to respond to your original panel alignment. Phew!

The front fascia goes on tonight.

DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looks good. nice n straight too...mines a lil warped..hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Wow, very nice!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    I think DMCH made a change or two to their switch over the years. I have one built within the last 4 years that works perfectly.
    Is this confirmed? I know the first ones made had issues with the auto-off feature, but didn't realize any other aspects were reworked. I recall those ones back in 2007 said to just not use the auto-off wiring until a fix is found. Never heard anything more about them getting fixed though. The one shown on the Houston parts page is new and improved then?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 778 of 920 FirstFirst ... 278 678 728 768 776 777 778 779 780 788 828 878 ... LastLast