FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 890 of 920 FirstFirst ... 390 790 840 880 888 889 890 891 892 900 ... LastLast
Results 8,891 to 8,900 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Got my set of DeLoreango struts today. Took less then one hour to install all six. Some were a little shorter and some longer than the Hervey struts I had in there for about 10 years. They all definitely take more force to close now. The doors and hood open all the way on their own. The sun shade may open all the way if I wait a long time but I push it up less then one more inch.
    Did you get the all silver or black units? Anyone with experience compare the 2?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Did you get the all silver or black units? Anyone with experience compare the 2?
    I got the full set of black ($168 or something like that). By the way my sun shade is opening fully on it's own today. Must be they had to sit at the right angle overnight.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    11326

So I haven't been active here for a while ...car has been sitting for a long while.....but that is about to change.

As for what did I do to my DeLorean today?

This.....to be followed by lots and lots of cleaning.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Brian
    Bluffton, South Carolina

My toys
    2019 Dodge Challenger Widebody SCAT Pack
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    1982 Delorean DMC-12
    1974 Chevy Suburban

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

My power antenna stopped working last summer so I decided to dig in and troubleshoot it today. I opened the electric compartment behind the driver's seat and began tracing wires. Found a green wire that had come loose from it's bullet connector. Plugged it back together and the antenna started working.

sometimes you get lucky.

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Quote Originally Posted by seventy4burban View Post
    So I haven't been active here for a while ...car has been sitting for a long while.....but that is about to change.

As for what did I do to my DeLorean today?

This.....to be followed by lots and lots of cleaning.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Best of luck, my friend. You're where I was about 8 months ago. I'm getting ready to fire it back up for the first time soon. Fingers crossed that I didn't miss something important!
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

My VIN:    Early

Installed my Inconel TABs before I forget.

Installed a new stainless fuel return pipe.

Discarded the last asbestos shield on the car.

All of this was super easy with engine and trans out of the way…
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    1710

Had Hankook Kinergy tires installed about a week ago. I have to say, I was pretty dubious of them going in. I wasn’t nuts about the sidewall design and I’ve always run Michelins on my cars and motorcycles. However, I’ve really been impressed with the Hankooks. They are extremely smooth and quiet. Though I prefer a solid-surface/plain sidewall, they don’t look bad on the car in person. For those on the fence regarding these tires, I think you’ll be pleased if you chose to go with them.

Next on the list is seat covers. I’ve found an installer near my house but am still on the fence regarding which covers to go with, though.
    Louie Golden

Yesterday I got all piston and Westwood liner assemblies together. Ready to drop in.

Next is cleaning block and polishing crank.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Engine is assembled and timed. Valve and timing covers aren’t sealed on yet. Going to mount pan and prime oil system with drill before mounting timing cover.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    Had Hankook Kinergy tires installed about a week ago. I have to say, I was pretty dubious of them going in. I wasn’t nuts about the sidewall design and I’ve always run Michelins on my cars and motorcycles. However, I’ve really been impressed with the Hankooks. They are extremely smooth and quiet. Though I prefer a solid-surface/plain sidewall, they don’t look bad on the car in person. For those on the fence regarding these tires, I think you’ll be pleased if you chose to go with them.
    My thoughts exactly (even about Michelins..spent 600 bucks putting Michelins on my Honda Superhawk). I have had my Hankooks all year and they are great. Thing is if you are on oe matching tires, they are at least 10 years old by now, probably even older. The cheapest new tires will be far superior to the best old tires. That said, Hankooks are not a bad tire at all. For me, all I do in my DeLorean is drive it like an old man, so having a set of matching new tires is one of the best things you can do for your car.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 890 of 920 FirstFirst ... 390 790 840 880 888 889 890 891 892 900 ... LastLast