FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 753 of 920 FirstFirst ... 253 653 703 743 751 752 753 754 755 763 803 853 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Actually I've never been able to find the side terminal type in a local (Autozone type) store, that's why we started carrying them in inventory. They are certainly available online.
    That’s actually kinda odd. But then again most older Collector type vehicles and Motorhomes probably do use Top post batteries. I guess we have GM to thank for pushing the Side attachment batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    I thought I did but then I couldn't find it after the site went down. This was take 2
    The site went down? Damn.

Haven't been on here that much as I've been simultaneously working the VR6 swap and a new to me w126 Mercedes diesel. I only knew about some new posts because of email notifications...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    And it still has the most persistently annoying rattle coming from the passenger door😡

Actually I love its individual idiosyncrasies, it's what makes each D special
    Any idea what that might be from? Or what part of the door?

If you've never opened up your doors with the inside trim panels removed (upper and lower), you can pretty much guarantee to have a little treasure hunt of stuff you'll find rattling around at the bottom. Nuts, bolts, bugs, tools, bits of broken glass, mice leftovers. Plenty of good stuff.

Could be one of the screws that holds one of the different brackets inside the door come loose a little, or a lot. Or a striker pin loose. Or the door seal strip on the bottom of the door is loose. Or you're just hearing things

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Installed Bitsyncmasters relays (RPM relay, fan relay, and fan fail unit) and front bank ground buss. Bypassed the cooling fan c/b since it’s no longer needed.

Replaced the blower motor c/b since it would intermittently cut off on fan speed 4.

Repaired a wire splitting at the canon plug on the harness right next to the RPM relay plug.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Replaced driver door strut. Surprisingly cheap and easy!D2F0EA67-42BB-4458-8D56-DB4C800DF1F7.jpg

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Any idea what that might be from? Or what part of the door?

If you've never opened up your doors with the inside trim panels removed (upper and lower), you can pretty much guarantee to have a little treasure hunt of stuff you'll find rattling around at the bottom. Nuts, bolts, bugs, tools, bits of broken glass, mice leftovers. Plenty of good stuff.

Could be one of the screws that holds one of the different brackets inside the door come loose a little, or a lot. Or a striker pin loose. Or the door seal strip on the bottom of the door is loose. Or you're just hearing things
    I think it's the pin that sticks out of the trim card into a hole. My driver's side did it until I adjusted/fixed it. Of course it's small potatoes since I need to replace the torsion bar 😟
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Installed DPI's Spec 1 Exhaust... Man that is an awesome system!!! Noticeable difference in performance right away. Sounds more aggressive too!

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Installed all three kneepads.
    They’ve been off my car for... god, like 8 years? The plastic around most of the studs was broken, so I used steel stick (putty version of JB Weld) and two-part epoxy to fab it all back together. I cut peices of threaded rod to replace some missing studs as well.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    16355

Applied some good quality Leather Cream probably for the first time in 31 years. Will need to apply a few times for it to soak in. Have made a start on a deep clean of the interior which although very tidy could benefit from some attentive detailing. Made a start on finding a fix to the high beams not working. She is running beautifully at present.

My VIN:    03572

Took my car out for a road test today after I did my clutch replacement.

Backed out of my driveway and could not get it out of reverse. Turned out my clutch needed to be bled again.

Then I could not get into first of second gear, funny reversed worked. I turned the adjustment cross gate cable in one turn and now the problem is solved.

So now I will do some longer drives each time until I build up confidence the car is reliable again.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 753 of 920 FirstFirst ... 253 653 703 743 751 752 753 754 755 763 803 853 ... LastLast