FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 695 of 920 FirstFirst ... 195 595 645 685 693 694 695 696 697 705 745 795 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    While cleaning the car today I found these. Not the quarter that's just to get an idea of the size.
    Attachment 54191
    Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    The metal piece looks like a pivot spacer. If so, don't throw it away, just send it to me...
    Yea, that looks like the little sandwich of spacers and washers and such you make for the receptacle end of the seatbelts (the receiver end that bolts into the frame).

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Yea, that looks like the little sandwich of spacers and washers and such you make for the receptacle end of the seatbelts (the receiver end that bolts into the frame).
    The spacer is the pivot for the seat belt up at the top of the rear speaker panel or down at the bottom at the rocker panel next to the seat. The black part keeps the panel safe from rubbing as that anchor point moves around. This is a pic from a year and a half ago when i redid my entire interior.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    3937

I hadn't realized they made those gasket/washer looking parts to clean up the top of the seatbelt anchor point. Thanks for mentioning Christian.

I did have another car related thought from earlier today...

I have one of these plugging my mixture adjustment hole: http://store.delorean.com/p-6399-plug-removeable.aspx

I noticed recently that the rubber end is pretty hard now and it doesn't fit super snug in that hole anymore. Like it got dried out a little. It's not loose enough to completely fall out on its own, but it can move a little just with the engine vibrating while it's running.

Anyone else find this happen to their own plug? Did you do anything special to soften it up a little? I didn't mind paying what's about $20 CAD by the time it arrives the first time around for this plug, but I won't do it a second time. I think a new rubber end could be found to put on if the one on there won't soften up one way or another. Any ideas?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

When my car was still K-Jet, I plugged that hole with a golf tee wrapped in electrical tape. Fit nice and snugly, and worked just fine. Looked stupid, but cost nothing and worked.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    When my car was still K-Jet, I plugged that hole with a golf tee wrapped in electrical tape. Fit nice and snugly, and worked just fine. Looked stupid, but cost nothing and worked.
    if it's stupid, but it works, then it ain't stupid.

but more importantly, what color golf tee did you use?

My VIN:    3455

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I hadn't realized they made those gasket/washer looking parts to clean up the top of the seatbelt anchor point. Thanks for mentioning Christian.

I did have another car related thought from earlier today...

I have one of these plugging my mixture adjustment hole: http://store.delorean.com/p-6399-plug-removeable.aspx

I noticed recently that the rubber end is pretty hard now and it doesn't fit super snug in that hole anymore. Like it got dried out a little. It's not loose enough to completely fall out on its own, but it can move a little just with the engine vibrating while it's running.

Anyone else find this happen to their own plug? Did you do anything special to soften it up a little? I didn't mind paying what's about $20 CAD by the time it arrives the first time around for this plug, but I won't do it a second time. I think a new rubber end could be found to put on if the one on there won't soften up one way or another. Any ideas?
    When I got my car all it had over the adjustment hole was a piece of duct tape that barely had any adhesive left. I made a plug with Sugru:

https://www.amazon.com/Sugru-Mouldab...keywords=sugru

It's moldable rubber that cures into hard rubber over 24 hrs. I just made a short "bolt" with a tapered shaft and pressed it gently on the hole to form a seal. Now I have a perfectly fitting plug that I can remove and replace easily.

This stuff has a ton of applications. I've used it to cap vac lines, add length to the door switch plungers, fill small holes, etc.

Not a DeLorean Guru

-Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Not a DeLorean Guru

-Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

First pic is low beams and second is high beams. All LED bulbs from Amazon. Far better then the factory halogens. Still hqve to adjust the height a bit since i lowered the car.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    First pic is low beams and second is high beams. All LED bulbs from Amazon. Far better then the factory halogens. Still hqve to adjust the height a bit since i lowered the car.

Mind sharing what you got from Amazon specifically?

Thanks,

Greg

Page 695 of 920 FirstFirst ... 195 595 645 685 693 694 695 696 697 705 745 795 ... LastLast