Page 756 of 757 FirstFirst ... 256 656 706 746 754 755 756 757 LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 7569

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

  1. #7551
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,277

    My VIN:    3937

    Quote Originally Posted by peternikkiskinner View Post
    No engine bay light but it looks to be in a pretty useless location so I think I will leave this for now. Not sure where the switch is for it?
    Adding to what Ron said, there is also a small actuator "tab" that clips to the underside of the lower engine cover. It is there to push down on the plunger of that switch.

    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10...l=1#post205863


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

  2. #7552
    Member kbrown84's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2013

    Location:  Indianapolis, IN

    Posts:    93

    My VIN:    3513

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Only the best for my D.
    I have a lot of respect for people who keep their cars neat and tidy...but I just love thrashing mine! Doughnuts in gravel parking lots, and sliding around in the snow...it never gets washed and leaks so much oil i cant see what color the engine is supposed to be...I love it! lol

    35399905_10160478752080176_8406998732133892096_n.jpg41194482_244105879573310_5084793210295812096_n.jpg42479337_10160876137640176_1371988510562582528_n.jpgsnow.JPG
    Kolin Brown
    President
    Indiana DeLorean Motor Club


    VIN 3513 - 5 Speed, Grooved Hood, DPI Spec 1, DMCH Stage 2

    "If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman

  3. #7553
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,937

    My VIN:    4877

    Club(s):   (PNDC)

    Quote Originally Posted by kbrown84 View Post
    I have a lot of respect for people who keep their cars neat and tidy...but I just love thrashing mine! Doughnuts in gravel parking lots, and sliding around in the snow...it never gets washed and leaks so much oil i cant see what color the engine is supposed to be...I love it! lol
    Cars were made to drive...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

  4. #7554
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,277

    My VIN:    3937

    I took the car out tonight, seemed like a good night to put on the jean jacket and life preserver and go for a spin.

    It was cold out, not freezing, but likely in the low 40s (F). The car did well, but my driver's window was noticeably slow going up. Seemed fine going down, but up was to a crawl almost.

    Makes me wonder if the cold could have some impact on window operation? Anything come to mind in the window system that could be getting affected by cold temperatures? The window motors are both original. Switches are new though. It doesn't seem to be off it's track or anything like that. And it goes down nice and level and closes up snug across the whole thing.


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

  5. #7555
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2016

    Posts:    213

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I took the car out tonight, seemed like a good night to put on the jean jacket and life preserver and go for a spin.

    It was cold out, not freezing, but likely in the low 40s (F). The car did well, but my driver's window was noticeably slow going up. Seemed fine going down, but up was to a crawl almost.

    Makes me wonder if the cold could have some impact on window operation? Anything come to mind in the window system that could be getting affected by cold temperatures? The window motors are both original. Switches are new though. It doesn't seem to be off it's track or anything like that. And it goes down nice and level and closes up snug across the whole thing.
    Try some silicone spray in the window track.
    Ron

  6. #7556
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2016

    Location:  San Diego, CA

    Posts:    158

    My VIN:    10353

    Replaced my almost non-existent door roof seals. Ended up using a dremel to cut off the heads of the rivets and then after pulling the metal panel, used some vice grips to crush and gently pull the remaining rivets out of the door.

    Used some machine screws instead of rivets when installing the new seals... you're welcome whoever buys my car years from now and is faced with replacing them again

  7. #7557
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Las Vegas

    Posts:    571

    My VIN:    6720

    Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

    I wired in my garage door opener to a button (like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/28271535566...3A282715355666) that I placed in a dummy switch where my rear window defroster switch used to be (removed the real defroster switch because I have never used it).
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    Spax Shocks, DCUK springs, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI cat-less exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

  8. #7558
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2016

    Location:  Austin MN

    Posts:    109

    My VIN:    03500

    20181103_080944.jpg20181102_203014.jpg

    Built my own illuminated door sills.

    Dave B.

  9. #7559
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,937

    My VIN:    4877

    Club(s):   (PNDC)

    neat
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

  10. #7560
    Senior Member DMC5180's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Reedsburg, WI

    Posts:    3,784

    My VIN:    5180

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    20181103_080944.jpg20181102_203014.jpg

    Built my own illuminated door sills.

    Dave B.
    Nice job, Dave.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

    VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE I, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID sealed beam style headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, Mid-State Club Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, GENUINE MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 756 of 757 FirstFirst ... 256 656 706 746 754 755 756 757 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •