FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 915 of 920 FirstFirst ... 415 815 865 905 913 914 915 916 917 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,150 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Good time to install the C. Miles door panel magnet modification for those not wanting to deal with snapped fir tree fasteners.
    This project made me say I need to finally do those. I hate fir trees so bad. Adding to my to do list.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    5510

Did a video showing disassembly of the HVAC unit:

https://youtu.be/N-rDLjijrBw

I think I got most of the details right. Hopefully this is helpful to some people here!

For the last month I've been redoing all the wiring for the EV conversion, cutting a few hundred wires and labeling them for everything. I am now working on all the modules and electronics that will go under the dash (fuse box, body control module, radio, etc) and the big one there is the HVAC system. Today I spent a couple hours cutting the HVAC from my donor Bolt EV down to make it fit - which it mostly does!! Then this evening I have been 3d modeling a replacement for the recirculation flap thing. I didn't realize they were not available, and mine is absolutely disgusting and also broken. My design will use a stepper motor out of the Bolt EV to control the flap, rather than vacuum power.

My VIN:    7012

That was very informative Bill, thanks for making it. It's so much easier to understand when seeing it in 3D rather than the 2D pictures in the workshop manual.

When looking at the wiring video, I was wondering... do you have a sense of how much less wiring there would be if you only used the EV motor/batteries and installed a vacuum pump and kept the stock brake system, climate control, etc.?

Yes, nice video. I hope I can find it when I need it.

Thanks

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Very nice explanatory video here. Thanks.

Recommending that Bill or one of the admins might re-post at least the video link if not the entire Post #9142 over to the Resources page of this forum for future general reference. It's helpful to any owner teasing apart a D's HVAC system whether they're doing an EV conversion or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    Did a video showing disassembly of the HVAC unit:

https://youtu.be/N-rDLjijrBw

I think I got most of the details right. Hopefully this is helpful to some people here!

For the last month I've been redoing all the wiring for the EV conversion, cutting a few hundred wires and labeling them for everything. I am now working on all the modules and electronics that will go under the dash (fuse box, body control module, radio, etc) and the big one there is the HVAC system. Today I spent a couple hours cutting the HVAC from my donor Bolt EV down to make it fit - which it mostly does!! Then this evening I have been 3d modeling a replacement for the recirculation flap thing. I didn't realize they were not available, and mine is absolutely disgusting and also broken. My design will use a stepper motor out of the Bolt EV to control the flap, rather than vacuum power.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Started tearing down for my VOD refresh. Nothing concerning found, but it needs to be done every decade or so.

20240212_160932.jpg

20240212_164604.jpg
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    6409

Club(s):   (DOC-UK) (DOI)

Great idea for the cups in the intake holes! , catches any debris easily and stops anything from passing inside
    only from the past can we choose the correct path for the future...

Radiator cap check at least every 5yrs

Installed a replacement radiator cap. Read the following story about it as a reminder to check yours from time to time.

After doing some work on the cooling system recently I performed a pressure-hold test. No issues - it held 16PSI cold overnight.

My Stant pressure test kit includes a radiator cap test adapter. I checked the cap's vent pressure while I had it off. The cap vented at just 10PSI, no long holding the specified 15PSI as it did when new just 5 years ago so I replaced it.

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Installed a replacement radiator cap. Read the following story about it as a reminder to check yours from time to time.

After doing some work on the cooling system recently I performed a pressure-hold test. No issues - it held 16PSI cold overnight.

My Stant pressure test kit includes a radiator cap test adapter. I checked the cap's vent pressure while I had it off. The cap vented at just 10PSI, no long holding the specified 15PSI as it did when new just 5 years ago so I replaced it.
    What radiator do you have?
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Check the Coolant Reservoir Cap

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    What radiator do you have?
    Sorry, my mistake!

I meant so say I tested and replaced my failed Coolant Reservoir Cap, not the radiator cap.

Thanks for asking so I could clear this up.

(The D's coolant reservoir cap is identical to what was, back in the day, a conventional pressure-controlling and venting radiator cap. And the D's original radiator did use a cap but it wasn't a pressure relief/vent design so those caps seldom fail)

Page 915 of 920 FirstFirst ... 415 815 865 905 913 914 915 916 917 ... LastLast