FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 705 of 920 FirstFirst ... 205 605 655 695 703 704 705 706 707 715 755 805 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    If you don’t have the blue fan module. You must have jumpers in place to operate the fans. If nothing is present, but the fans would run, look for a work around wiring modification.
    The fans do not kick on, so I am thinking the work around modification was never done by the PO.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeterman View Post

Previous post there was mention about the blue Fan Relay module missing and possibly replace with some fused jumpers. I checked around and it doesn't appear this was every done on this car.
    Is there anything in the fan fail module position? If it has Dave's module it will not "click". I can't tell from the picture if it is empty or it has one of his modules.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Is there anything in the fan fail module position? If it has Dave's module it will not "click". I can't tell from the picture if it is empty or it has one of his modules.
    It's pretty common some POs made the fan fail jumpers by cutting pins and hard wired the jumpers.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

The fans do not kick on, so I am thinking the work around modification was never done by the PO.
    Okay, you have some trouble shooting to do. Was this car running when you took possession of it?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Follow up with my previous post

Okay, you have some trouble shooting to do. There a two ways to force the fans to run without starting the engine. Both involve using bypass jumpers.

Method 1: OTTERSTAT BYPASS:

Make jumper wire with two 1/4” male spade terminals. Unplug both wires from the otterstat located in LH coolant pipe near Oil dipstick. Install jumper wire in the female terminals.

Method 2: A/C mode switch to Max or normal will turn fans ON, IF System is charged and Key is ON. You will also here the A/C compressor clutch Click ON.
    If the system is low on charge, compressor clutch does not Click, you would need to install the “ jumper wire” in the AC low pressure switch harness located in the right front wheel well On the AC accumulator.

Using method 1 or 2 under NORMAL conditions the Fan should run with the Key ON. If the Fan Fail socket is empty. The fans should not run, if they do, a hidden modification has been done in the relay compartment. If they don’t run, you will need to build the Fan Fail bypass jumper mod or get the blue fused module from BITSYNCMASTR and install it in the fan fail socket.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 11-26-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Follow up with my previous post

Okay, you have some trouble shooting to do. There a two ways to force the fans to run without starting the engine. Both involve using bypass jumpers.

Method 1: OTTERSTAT BYPASS:

Make jumper wire with two 1/4” male spade terminals. Unplug both wires from the otterstat located in LH coolant pipe near Oil dipstick. Install jumper wire in the female terminals.

Method 2: A/C mode switch to Max or normal will turn fans ON, IF System is charged and Key is ON. You will also here the A/C compressor clutch Click ON.
    If the system is low on charge, compressor clutch does not Click, you would need to install the “ jumper wire” in the AC low pressure switch harness located in the right front wheel well On the AC accumulator.

Using method 1 or 2 under NORMAL conditions the Fan should run with the Key ON. If the Fan Fail socket is empty. The fans should not run, if they do, a hidden modification has been done in the relay compartment. If they donÂ’t run, you will need to build the Fan Fail bypass jumper mod or get the blue fused module from BITSYNCMASTR and install it in the fan fail socket.
    Thank you very much for writing that out! I will run through a see what kind of results come out of this.

To your first post, the car ran poorly when I bought it and showed signs of neglect. I've since replaces the fuel system(DMCH pump/sender kit and new stainless fuel lines), fixed the oil leak, cleaned VoD, replaced all intake gaskets, replaced the clutch, new alternator, wires and plugs, and did the caliper rebuild. The car now runs worlds better then when I bought it. The Electronics are next on the list, but so far it looks like all Relays are original and should be replaced anyway.

Good photos are your best friend in helping the DeLorean Gurus understand what you have.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Good photos are your best friend in helping the DeLorean Gurus understand what you have.

Ron
    Here is a current photo of the Relay, the blue Fan Relay is indeed missing.
    fuse_box_relays.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Here is a current photo of the Relay, the blue Fan Relay is indeed missing.
    fuse_box_relays.jpg
    Looks like the blue socket was replaced with a black one. So it may be the PO had a problem with melting connections. There should be all 5 pins in that socket. I would suggest you just try the jumpers in the socket to see if your fans will run. But I would also suggest your inspect the work (pins crimped and or soldered) because it's a common problem to see the pins overheat in that socket.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

I've got a black relay in my blue fan fail module socket. Is that just as good as a jumper to replace the fan fail module?

Says Mixo Relais 8. Made in France.

2017-11-26 19.58.58.jpg
    Bill

VIN 6298 - '81 Gray Auto

Page 705 of 920 FirstFirst ... 205 605 655 695 703 704 705 706 707 715 755 805 ... LastLast