FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 916 of 920 FirstFirst ... 416 816 866 906 914 915 916 917 918 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,160 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5312

Today i di a simpl,e but very annoying job. Replacing the rivers side very front speaker. Had to remove the seat and assume the lotus position. ah
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Today i di a simpl,e but very annoying job. Replacing the rivers side very front speaker. Had to remove the seat and assume the lotus position. ah
    Just trying to spread the word on how to make the job easy (easier): https://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?8...ment-made-easy

The first time getting them out is the hard part. But using standoffs makes reinstalling easy.
    Nick
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    5312

Man this new keyboard is a real pos, I need to proof read more. Im totally watching that now.
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    5510

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    do you have a sense of how much less wiring there would be if you only used the EV motor/batteries and installed a vacuum pump and kept the stock brake system, climate control, etc.?
    Oh yeah, it would have been a gazillion times less electrical work to only do the motor, batteries, and inverter. In fact I could have also cut out most of the wiring to the brakes if I didn't care about dynamic assist (a handful of DeLorean owners have installed the iBooster and set it with a static assist amount, rather than changing based on speed).

It's obviously a compromise where you have to weigh the pros and cons of what kind of conversion you're doing. There are a lot of features I get 'for free' doing it this way - such as I don't have to worry about the BMS or programming logic for buttons or controls, I get the whole infotainment system that can control the car and set charge limits, I'll get DC Fast Charging, plus everything is on a 400V architecture and well tested with the Bolt. However on my next EV conversion I will be doing it the way you suggest. At the very least it will give me a more well rounded understanding of the pros and cons so that on my third conversion I'll be better informed!

My VIN:    7012

Thanks Bill, that's great to hear. I am just trying to reconcile an estimate I got about a year ago from a conversion company (240 hours) which was for some mix-and-match components for heat/AC/brakes but no fast-charge or power steering. From what I understand, it seems like a BMS is very highly recommended and without it the battery lifetime is very low. Can't tell if you're kidding on the number of conversions; it's funny if you are, and awesome if you aren't!

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sorry, my mistake!

I meant so say I tested and replaced my failed Coolant Reservoir Cap, not the radiator cap.

Thanks for asking so I could clear this up.

(The D's coolant reservoir cap is identical to what was, back in the day, a conventional pressure-controlling and venting radiator cap. And the D's original radiator did use a cap but it wasn't a pressure relief/vent design so those caps seldom fail)
    When you said radiator cap my mind went, "Wow someone is still running a Dunmurry OEM radiator!!"

Thanks for clarifying because I've been running the DMCH radiator for over 11 years now and have never checked or even thought to check the cap.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    When you said radiator cap my mind went, "Wow someone is still running a Dunmurry OEM radiator!!"
    My car had an original Dunmurry radiator functioning no problem in S. FL heat until it finally failed in 2023 - a small drip at an end tank seam.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    My car had an original Dunmurry radiator functioning no problem in S. FL heat until it finally failed in 2023 - a small drip at an end tank seam.
    I love hearing stuff like this, proves DMC put together quality suppliers and built the cars well too. I'm not a gambling man but I'd wager very few cars built in the past 20 years have that kind of longevity. To be fair I can't think of many recent cars that inspire the passion to keep fixing them so far down the road. But that's just me.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    I love hearing stuff like this, proves DMC put together quality suppliers and built the cars well too. I'm not a gambling man but I'd wager very few cars built in the past 20 years have that kind of longevity. To be fair I can't think of many recent cars that inspire the passion to keep fixing them so far down the road. But that's just me.
    The original Chausson radiators were not that great, you can go back to mid-80's DeLorean world magazines and see vendors selling upgraded radiators, all metal, etc "to cure your radiator woes".

Speaking of which there is a seller on eBay right now with three or four of the all brass radiators without the cap and with the petcock for sale right now.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Long time, no car-update...

Lots going on with #628 but her insides have vomitted all over my garage. In the last 48 hours, the speaker panels and its vinyl have been re-punched and looking brand new.
    Before
    PXL_20240219_000107366.jpg

After
    PXL_20240219_000714044.jpgPXL_20240218_235403896.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpgPXL_20240218_235432340.jpgPXL_20240218_235629242.jpg
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Page 916 of 920 FirstFirst ... 416 816 866 906 914 915 916 917 918 ... LastLast