FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 904 of 920 FirstFirst ... 404 804 854 894 902 903 904 905 906 914 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03500

Just finished putting new foam in my door cards. I couldn?t stand the flat and lifeless look anymore. They turned out better than I thought.

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Just finished putting new foam in my door cards. I couldn?t stand the flat and lifeless look anymore. They turned out better than I thought.
    I plan to tackle the door panel project this year. Did you use the DGo kit?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I plan to tackle the door panel project this year. Did you use the DGo kit?
    Yes I got just the foam and glue from them. I went with the can of glue instead of the tube. It's a little more but I wanted to be sure I had enough as well.

Dave B.

My VIN:    05457

Dave B.

Love this! Looks fantastic. What is the process on this? Do you need to pull it all apart and re-glue to get the new foam in there? Would be interested in doing this project as well.
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Love this! Looks fantastic. What is the process on this? Do you need to pull it all apart and re-glue to get the new foam in there? Would be interested in doing this project as well.
    I kinda went with this. https://timemachine16606.tumblr.com/...rd-restoration And the directions with the glue that was on the can. I glued the stitched area's first than the edges. You almost don't need to use clamps but in a few places they helped. https://a.co/d/j9fg7IK

Thanks
    Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 02-07-2023 at 09:25 AM.

My VIN:    05457

I kinda whent with this. https://timemachine16606.tumblr.com/...rd-restoration And the directions with the glue that was on the can. I glued the stitched area's first than the edges. You almost don't need to use clamps but in a few places they helped. https://a.co/d/j9fg7IK

Thanks
    Dave B.
    Great tutorial! Thanks for the link!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    03572

Otterstat replaced

I had stated a while ago my screw in otterstat was turning my fans on all the time. So I just unplugged the otterstat since my electronic otterstat works as the backup. Well looking at a small oil leak I have I noticed the otterstat had some coolant leaking from it. So I replaced it today. Hope this one lasts longer then that first one. Looks like the leak was from the plastic cast where it should seal to the metal housing.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I had stated a while ago my screw in otterstat was turning my fans on all the time. So I just unplugged the otterstat since my electronic otterstat works as the backup. Well looking at a small oil leak I have I noticed the otterstat had some coolant leaking from it. So I replaced it today. Hope this one lasts longer then that first one. Looks like the leak was from the plastic cast where it should seal to the metal housing.
    What otterstat pipe do you have? I just ordered a DMCH screw-in otterstat w/pipe to replace my original one. Original isn't leaking (yet) but the plan is to upgrade it when I replace the original fans.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    What otterstat pipe do you have? I just ordered a DMCH screw-in otterstat w/pipe to replace my original one. Original isn't leaking (yet) but the plan is to upgrade it when I replace the original fans.
    Not sure if I got it from Ed or Dgo. I bought it some time ago.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Cleaned up the throttle body. I wasn't going for the brand new look just a good cleaning and ad an upgrade. I was kinda wondering how the spring would clean up but I think it did very well. As far as I could tell it has never been off. I did check for the backup rings and they were there.

Dave B.

Page 904 of 920 FirstFirst ... 404 804 854 894 902 903 904 905 906 914 ... LastLast