FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 869 of 921 FirstFirst ... 369 769 819 859 867 868 869 870 871 879 919 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,690 of 9201

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    15275

pics

of the seat and skins
    Attached Images

My VIN:    3937

I'm well past the point of no return on my crankshaft pulley plus other stuff work. The new pulley is in and it went pretty well. Took the fascia and muffler off as well as the alternator and starter. Lots of room to work. I have the starter back in now too and was working on replacing the battery cables.

Ugh.

Jump post cable was fine. The positive cable that goes to the battery is being a pain in the butt. The routing of it might be straight forward enough, but add to it some clips and things holding it to the frame and some hoses or other things out of their own position and it's been a challenge to get the old one out.

Question: does anyone have a picture of how the positive cable is supposed to be routed just in and around the area that is directly underneath the bulkhead connectors cover? It disappears under the body at this point and there is not a ton of extra space. I am finding that one of my heater hoses (I think it is a heater hose) is right next to it and perhaps too close like it's in the wrong spot. I am trying to wiggle this really rigid cable in just the right way to get it out along with the clumsy loop on the end of it and it is not going well.

I'd love to see some pics of how other people have this area routed with that battery cable and the heater hose and the reinforcing bar that goes from side to side as it also attaches to the frame right there in case there wasn't already enough stuff to fit into one spot.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2942

Replaced my seat covers

I had seat cloth covers over them for years. Found a few labels.
    Attached Images

I finally disconnected and reconnected the battery at noon. My clock now shows the correct time, for the first time, in years! 😂

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    I finally disconnected and reconnected the battery at noon. My clock now shows the correct time, for the first time, in years! 😂
    Let's make this complicated ... an Arduino with GPS time base programmed to cycle power to the clock precisely at noon each day.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Hit my car with several blending pads:

Swapped out my muffler brackets for DMCH refurbs, polished my UK exhaust and heat shield, cleaned my oil pan with aluminum cleaner. Looking better than it has in years.

Also painted my tollbooth window frames and door locks with Trim Black.

Last edited by Patrick C; 06-23-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looks very nice. I will have to do that to mine one of these days. Whats best to use?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Looks very nice. I will have to do that to mine one of these days. Whats best to use?
    Thank you! SEM Trim Black is the paint I use. Mother’s Mag and Aluminum polish is what I used on the muffler and heat shield.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Could you give me a review of the U.K. Exhaust? (Fit, sound, vibration, anything you can think of)

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Thank you! SEM Trim Black is the paint I use. Mother’s Mag and Aluminum polish is what I used on the muffler and heat shield.
    I meant what'd you use for the blending pads.

Yeah SEM Trim black is the go to on that.. I also used SEM Titanium for my fascias
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 869 of 921 FirstFirst ... 369 769 819 859 867 868 869 870 871 879 919 ... LastLast