FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 773 of 920 FirstFirst ... 273 673 723 763 771 772 773 774 775 783 823 873 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,730 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looks awesome.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by cis6409 View Post
    Inspiring...
    hats off to you sir..
    Love engine pics like that
    Brilliant!

Shane
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Looks awesome.
    Thanks guys!
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    And… Done!

Fired her back up yesterday and took her out for a good few laps around the block today after two months of sweating every last detail in the engine bay. I swear she’s running better than ever. Just the intake bracket to re-attach for you eagle eyed engine buffs - which I’ll do once the rear fascia is reattached.

Considering I’ve barely tuned a wrench in my life, I’m pretty impressed with myself right now. Countless days and hours cleaning, detailing, refinishing and wrenching. Pouring my heart and soul into it. Nothing but the best for my dream car. I promised the previous owner of my car - Ben (Soundkillr at DMCTalk) - that I'd meticulously care for the car. Promise kept.
    Wow, calendar photo worthy! Great job!

Yes, I found that after I finished my engine refresh, it ran better. I think it's because one checks and refurbs everything that causes little niggling detractors to performance. A small vacuum leak here, a corroded or loose electrical connection there, etc.

In addition to a beautiful engine bay, that's a reward for your attention to detail.

Bravo!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

It just doesn't get any better than that!

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Wow, calendar photo worthy! Great job!

Yes, I found that after I finished my engine refresh, it ran better. I think it's because one checks and refurbs everything that causes little niggling detractors to performance. A small vacuum leak here, a corroded or loose electrical connection there, etc.

In addition to a beautiful engine bay, that's a reward for your attention to detail.

Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It just doesn't get any better than that!
    Cheers Dana and Michael. That means a huge deal coming from you guys. Have a great weekend.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    10201

Jesus that's insanely clean.

I was losing my mind with my car since I had a oil leak I couldn't find. Oil made its way to the belts and shot it everywhere.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Replaced the trunk release cable & spring with new ones from DMC Texas. The stainless steel cable is a great upgrade, and the stronger spring makes the trunk "pop" like it should.

Blinged up the front and back of the car slightly with a bunch of stainless steel hardware, plus DPI's stainless steel strut mount brackets and intrusion brackets for the trunk. In some cases (e.g. louvres and hood bump stops) I went with black anodized stainless nuts. I'm also using stainless steel gas lift strut ends and stainless steel ball studs, because why not? :P

Unfortunately while replacing the nuts on the trunk cover bump stops the rubber split apart, so I improvised a temporary solution with 1/2" nut covers, which don't look half bad for a hack job. LOL

Replaced the bent OEM trunk release bracket with DPI's stainless steel one. For "aftermarket" parts I am quite impressed by how exactly DPI's stainless reproductions fit. I will definitely buy more of them as I go through the car replacing rusty bits.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Replaced the trunk release cable & spring with new ones from DMC Texas. The stainless steel cable is a great upgrade, and the stronger spring makes the trunk "pop" like it should.

Blinged up the front and back of the car slightly with a bunch of stainless steel hardware, plus DPI's stainless steel strut mount brackets and intrusion brackets for the trunk. In some cases (e.g. louvres and hood bump stops) I went with black anodized stainless nuts. I'm also using stainless steel gas lift strut ends and stainless steel ball studs, because why not? :P

Unfortunately while replacing the nuts on the trunk cover bump stops the rubber split apart, so I improvised a temporary solution with 1/2" nut covers, which don't look half bad for a hack job. LOL

Replaced the bent OEM trunk release bracket with DPI's stainless steel one. For "aftermarket" parts I am quite impressed by how exactly DPI's stainless reproductions fit. I will definitely buy more of them as I go through the car replacing rusty bits.
    My experience with DPI parts has been nothing but astounding mmmm
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Jesus that's insanely clean.

It's another exiting day. My fascias are finally ready for pick-up later this afternoon at Canepa in Scotts Valley after months and months of patiently waiting for them to find a slot in their busy schedule. I've got a special birthday milestone coming up very soon so this is a huge present from my family - and the cherry on top of my recent DeLorean work. The paint color and finish was meticulously matched to the paint on an original NOS rear fascia to get it totally spot on. So excited to get them back on the car this weekend.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post

It's another exiting day. My fascias are finally ready for pick-up later this afternoon at Canepa in Scotts Valley after months and months of patiently waiting for them to find a slot in their busy schedule. I've got a special birthday milestone coming up very soon so this is a huge present from my family - and the cherry on top of my recent DeLorean work. The paint color and finish was meticulously matched to the paint on an original NOS rear fascia to get it totally spot on. So excited to get them back on the car this weekend.

Nice! Did you have the black parts painted or just masked and wet sanded? Looks great.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 773 of 920 FirstFirst ... 273 673 723 763 771 772 773 774 775 783 823 873 ... LastLast