FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 845 of 920 FirstFirst ... 345 745 795 835 843 844 845 846 847 855 895 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,450 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Thatd be a cool thing...though maybe not honking the delorean horn, since it sounds like a dying llama.
    Ha, no doubt! A kid asked me what the horn sounded like and I honked and told him "like a dying giraffe!" Only thing more embarrassing might have been to try and chirp the tires while leaving...

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Today I made the decision to tackle the seat covers myself, so I took my seats apart so theyre ready when I get the tool and rings.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    03572

I take the D when I'm just driving to the post office to mail some packages. This morning my driver door would not release the front latch when I went to get back in the car. I don't lock the doors for those trips but I do have my door lock ECU out of the car. So I'm guessing that front lock rod needs a little adjustment but when the door lock ECU is working it gave a little more bump so I never had the problem before.

I did try to lock the doors when I started the car in the garage and said.....why is the lock door light not going out? But then remembered I removed the door lock ECU.

I did get the door open using the key to lock and unlock the door from outside.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Transmission separated ready for clutch refresh (no idea on the history and the engine is out)

K2uNTX9m.jpg

Whilst waiting for the chassis to come back, just had new front extensions welded on.

Fsc284um.jpg

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

What have you done to your DeLorean today? In my case the operative word here is "to"!

My car ran poorly when first started. A couple minutes later it ran fine. So today I decided to fix that problem and in the end I barely got it back into the garage ... blowing all sorts of blue smoke.

So today I turned a car with a minor inconvenience into a non-usable car.

To "fix" it, I disassembled the WUR (something I've done before), cleaned it up and verified that the inlet screen wasn't clogged (it wasn't). I reassembled it and reinstalled. I also verified that there was vacuum at the WUR when the engine was cold (Used a vacuum pump and checked vacuum). It starts right up but runs really bad and dies if I attempt to drive it. But it starts right up again. Now it runs continuously like it did before prior to it warming up to operating temperature.

Now it is time to spend some quality time with the car. And I had other ideas for the day.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    So today I turned a car with a minor inconvenience into a non-usable car.
    $0.75 later and a new o-ring for the WUR diaphragm and I'm back to where I started. The car runs poorly when cold but now runs fine again when warmed up (about 1/2 mile from home). You can tell when it crosses that threshold. Noticeable performance difference. The exhaust manifold intake air heater is not installed. But I thought the car had enough control range to compensate.

So that is my "What have you done to your DeLorean today".
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I originally bought these with the intention of mounting them in the doors but they are too dim at that distance.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Thatd be a cool thing...though maybe not honking the delorean horn, since it sounds like a dying llama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Ha, no doubt! A kid asked me what the horn sounded like and I honked and told him "like a dying giraffe!" Only thing more embarrassing might have been to try and chirp the tires while leaving...

Lol! If your DeLorean's horn sounds like any dying animal, it's time to replace both and check the wiring and ground. I replaced both mine with the original Mixo units from DMC when I restored the car. Everybody that hears them is surprised that they are stock.

If that's not loud enough, I have FIAMM "Freeway Blasters" (part numbers 72112 for the low note and 72102 for the high note) in 2 of my other cars. They are just a few decibels louder than normal, and the best thing is that they look just the Mixo horns.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 09-15-2020 at 04:33 AM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I originally bought these with the intention of mounting them in the doors but they are too dim at that distance.

Very nice courtesy light

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Very nice courtesy light
    Thanks! Very courteous of you to say.

Page 845 of 920 FirstFirst ... 345 745 795 835 843 844 845 846 847 855 895 ... LastLast