FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 768 of 920 FirstFirst ... 268 668 718 758 766 767 768 769 770 778 818 868 ... LastLast
Results 7,671 to 7,680 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Drove 60 miles to Miami and back. First experience driving at highway speeds with the radiator duct installed. Really liking the result.

Had a bit of excitement when a guy in a pristine blue Porsche convertible slowed down passing me so that his passenger could take a photo of my beat up and dirty DMC. Gotta love the world's cheapest exotic car. LOL
    Nice, I was out around town and I got a text with a video in it from a friend. He caught me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CQIBs4tJQg

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Installed new rear brake flex hoses, rebuilt the rear calipers, and replaced the brake pads. The piston in my rear caliper on the passenger side had been seized for years; essentially I only had three working brakes.

Removing the passenger side rear flex hose was a real PITA. I would strongly suggest using a crowfoot wrench set. I got mine from Harbor Freight for only $11 and it made the job so much easier because you're working in such a tight space.

1.jpg 2.jpg

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

#2613 didn't have a high pressure release valve or high pressure safety switch. It does now. I had to make a harness for the switch. Since I had some 3mm crimp pins leftover from another project I used them on the old connector instead of cutting and splicing into the loop of wire that was already there.

new high pressure switch harness inside end.jpg

Since I had to buy a connector for the high pressure switch, I bought two of them and used the other for the low pressure switch, which had previously used 1/4" spade terminals (previous owner probably installed them when the stock connector broke). The pigtails were $2.50 each and they provide a good seal against the elements.

new low pressure switch and connector.jpg

I also replaced the low pressure switch. Ignore the "R-12" designation on the switch: this one has been retrofitted for R-134a. There was a sticker there proclaiming as much, but I saw that turning into a gooey mess in the future so I removed it before installation.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

After a minor coolant leak behind my water pump, I used the manifold removal as a good excuse to give my engine bay and components a thorough detail and refresh. All of the aluminum has been deep cleaned and the screws and brackets have been re-plated.

It's been a painstaking process. I'm half-way through the re-assembly and should be done by the weekend - just in time for cars and coffee season to show it off.

Thanks to fellow local NorCal owners Maor and Rich for help this past weekend and thanks to Tony Ierardi for the inspiration.

DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    After a minor coolant leak behind my water pump, I used the manifold removal as a good excuse to give my engine bay and components a thorough detail and refresh. All of the aluminum has been deep cleaned and the screws and brackets have been re-plated.

It's been a painstaking process. I'm half-way through the re-assembly and should be done by the weekend - just in time for cars and coffee season to show it off.

Thanks to fellow local NorCal owners Maor and Rich for help this past weekend and thanks to Tony Ierardi for the inspiration.
    Wow, that looks SO good

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Wow, that looks SO good
    Thanks so much. I can see light on the horizon after a month of sweating the details.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Thanks so much. I can see light on the horizon after a month of sweating the details.
    don't even bother putting the rear fascia on, just let people see that engine compartment!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

That looks amazing Colin! Impeccable work.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Good grief! You two are in a league of your own. Wow! Super nice, Colin. Great job.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I should have said “Thanks to Tony Ierardi and Dana for the inspiration.”

Cheers Dana!

Page 768 of 920 FirstFirst ... 268 668 718 758 766 767 768 769 770 778 818 868 ... LastLast