FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 664 of 920 FirstFirst ... 164 564 614 654 662 663 664 665 666 674 714 764 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    04629

Complete brake rebuild

I just completed rebuilding/replacing my brake system, those rear flex brake lines where the worst part of replacing parts. I also had to replace the front wheel bearings as to get the front rotors off took a lot of 'caveman' abilities with a large hammer, they were too loose after this activity, so new ones were installed.

I couldn't get the bearings out of the hub, so I took to a local machine shop and had them press 'em out of the hub, took a little heat also.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Hey I get to post one! Today I replaced my fuel pump with one of the DMCH all-in-one units. The one in the car (Bosch unit that I installed in 199 was still working, but the rubber boot was turning into mush and the upper pump cover was cracked. Since the gasoline isn't getting any better around here, I decided it was time. I was also still running the orange hoses that we've seen failing. The inside of the tank was perfect other than the beginnings of some rubber residue from the failing boot. This to show that actually driving the cars rather than parking them for years, is much better for the car.

Funny thing - I believe that I actually installed the Bosch fuel pump in the parking lot of the Columbus Warehouse at the first open house (part of the first Cincinnati DCS) after DMC Houston bought out Kapac. I must have done the hoses later, it was an emergency repair at the time and I think the only thing I changed in the parking lot was the pump.

Ouch - that was 20 years ago!!

Also flushed the brake system today. I highly recommend this brake pressure bleeder - no affiliation, just a good product:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben.../007237sch01a/

The standard adapter fits the DMC master just fine (as well as all BMWs and a bunch of other Euro cars with Girling brakes)
    I ordered one of the pressure bleeders and it came today. Very good looking product. Seems well made. Thanks for the link. Here's my question: The instructions say not to store the tank with brake fluid but to empty and clean when not using. What would a person use to clean (flush) the bleeder tank and hose?

Ron

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Brake fluid? I think the implication is that you shouldn't leave a pint of fluid in the container and then pump it into the car later. Brake fluid absorbs moisture etc etc. Just empty it after use and fill it the next time from a sealed bottle. I do clear the line out though.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3937

Beautiful night last night and had the car out for a nice drive. Really sunny out too and this was when it was around 7:30 or 8 pm and the sun was low. With a low sun like that you realize how limited the coverage is from our sunvisors.

Was curious... has anyone ever looked into designing a sunvisor that you could pivot out to cover part of the side window glass when the sun is coming at you from the side and not the front?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Something about the D and the roads I drive have me often blocking the sun from the driver's window with my hands or repositioning my body to avoid the sun. Sometimes you can twist the baseball cap just right. But a better alternative I've pondered is putting window tint on the top of the driver's door window (and a matching one on the passenger window) like the sun tint at the top of the windshield.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

sun

Get one of those springy sun shades with suction cups for the side windows....

My VIN:    3937

I do the same thing with my hands or arms trying to block the sun. I'll flip down the passenger sunvisor too if it's over on that side of the car. I can't do the ballcap thing though as my head is too close to the roof to wear my hat while driving!

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Get one of those springy sun shades with suction cups for the side windows....
    You mean like those ones parents get for young children sitting in car seats in the back? That's a good idea. Maybe I can find one with the Lion King on it or something, lol.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    ...You mean like those ones parents get for young children sitting in car seats in the back? That's a good idea. Maybe I can find one with the Lion King on it or something, lol.
    pssh, everyone knows that the Lion Guard is the new hotness. Lion King is sooo 1994.

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    What would a person use to clean (flush) the bleeder tank and hose?

Ron
    Ron, I use denatured alcohol to clean mine. I just swish it around inside and dry it off with a paper towel.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Tried to drive it today ....and failed. No start. No ignition. Started to diagnose. That is "What have you done to your DeLorean today?"
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Page 664 of 920 FirstFirst ... 164 564 614 654 662 663 664 665 666 674 714 764 ... LastLast