Page 713 of 747 FirstFirst ... 213 613 663 703 711 712 713 714 715 723 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 7466

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

  1. #7121
    Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Bunker Hill, West Virginia

    Posts:    639

    My VIN:    11035

    Removed the rear fascia and this weekend will be the front fascia as they are getting ready to be repainted plus I'm customizing the rear bumper and installing lights behind the letters. of course everything will be sanded down to be all nice and smooth show the first process is to cut every letter out and then carefully file everything down then sand it. It's a very risky mod but one I've been wanting to do for the last 13 years.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

  2. #7122
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    7,016

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Removed the rear fascia and this weekend will be the front fascia as they are getting ready to be repainted plus I'm customizing the rear bumper and installing lights behind the letters. of course everything will be sanded down to be all nice and smooth show the first process is to cut every letter out and then carefully file everything down then sand it. It's a very risky mod but one I've been wanting to do for the last 13 years.
    If you don't like it you can just glue a SS piece of metal behind the cut outs.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  3. #7123
    Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Bunker Hill, West Virginia

    Posts:    639

    My VIN:    11035

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    If you don't like it you can just glue a SS piece of metal behind the cut outs.
    Oh i know i will like it! Im excited about it! Im using all weather resistant acrylic thats white and translucent. During the day the letter will be white but at night they will light up.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

  4. #7124
    Senior Member nkemp's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Buffalo MN

    Posts:    605

    My VIN:    897 5 spd,

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    ... but at night they will light up.
    Consider using RGB LEDs and dialing in the preferred color ... or let the the controller rotate them through all the colors.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

  5. #7125
    Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Bunker Hill, West Virginia

    Posts:    639

    My VIN:    11035

    Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Consider using RGB LEDs and dialing in the preferred color ... or let the the controller rotate them through all the colors.
    Thought about that but im going with a cool white color, lime what you see in high end cars that do something like this.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

  6. #7126
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

    Posts:    748

    My VIN:    2691

    bumper lights

    Did this 20 tears ago, saber sawed out the letters,
    glued red plastic behind, carved a recess for some
    J C Witney LEDS in the foam, hooked it up to my
    defrost switch...viola....looked pretty cool!

  7. #7127
    Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Bunker Hill, West Virginia

    Posts:    639

    My VIN:    11035

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Did this 20 tears ago, saber sawed out the letters,
    glued red plastic behind, carved a recess for some
    J C Witney LEDS in the foam, hooked it up to my
    defrost switch...viola....looked pretty cool!
    This you? Got this off google. Even before Google I thought about doing this way back in the day and just now finally getting around to do it and I think there's only two cars out there that are like this but you never hear nothing about it. It definitely does look cool and I see this done with a lot of newer cars and since I've already updated my interior I figured I'd try my hand at something else.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

  8. #7128
    Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Bunker Hill, West Virginia

    Posts:    639

    My VIN:    11035

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    This you? Got this off google. Even before Google I thought about doing this way back in the day and just now finally getting around to do it and I think there's only two cars out there that are like this but you never hear nothing about it. It definitely does look cool and I see this done with a lot of newer cars and since I've already updated my interior I figured I'd try my hand at something else.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    You?

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

  9. #7129
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

    Posts:    748

    My VIN:    2691

    yup...

    I see the middle of my 'o' fell off. need to fab up something.

  10. #7130
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,885

    My VIN:    4877

    Club(s):   (PNDC)

    I'd love to do something like that to mine...I just dont trust myself to cut them out cleanly
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

Page 713 of 747 FirstFirst ... 213 613 663 703 711 712 713 714 715 723 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •