FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 663 of 920 FirstFirst ... 163 563 613 653 661 662 663 664 665 673 713 763 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Those halos look awesome!

just one thing...

do they have a blue cast to them?
    Blue casting? They are white led halos but they do come in several different colors. Got them off of Amazon for $100 and came as a 4 piece set.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Those halos look awesome!

just one thing...

do they have a blue cast to them?
    Yes they do; they were made from the flesh of a dozen Smurfs, after all.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    2065

Thanks Chris for your response, this one has got me stumped at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Cycling is normal but 5 seconds seems a bit short. With original wiring, the AC fans run when the AC clutch is engaged. Some aftermarket fan controllers keep the fans running continuously as long as the AC is switched on. There's also a wiring modification you can make to force fans to run when the mode swrich is selected to Max or Norm regardless if the AC clutch is engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Yes they do; they were made from the flesh of a dozen Smurfs, after all.
    Lmao! I love that and I will raise you on that to let you know that they were made from the Flesh of foreskins of the firstborn male Smurfs.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    I suspect I have a problem with my air conditioning. When I run the car and turn the air conditioning switch to the first position (Max, with the fan turned on) the cooling fans and the conditioner operate but only for about 5 seconds then shut down. They start again after another 5 seconds and I can hear the click of the solenoid from behind the passenger’s seat.

This intermittent operation can’t be normal.

Any thoughts, help or advice welcome.
    Thank You
    Couple questions:
    1) Is the compressor cycling at the same rate as the fans?
    If so, the AC refrigerant may be low
    2) When you jumper the fans at the otterstat (AC off), do the fans run normal?
    If not so, it could be the breaker you hear cycling/clicking. Why would be a different discussion.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Cycling is normal but 5 seconds seems a bit short. .
    Short cycling is normal at cooler temperature/lower fan speed/higher engine speed. It's really hard to generalize. The cycling is caused by the low pressure switch monitoring low side pressure, nothing else. The pressure depends on how much heat is being removed by the condenser.

Longest cycle is blower on full speed with engine idling on a 90 degree day. Shortest would be engine at driving RPM (1800+), blower on low, outside temp cooler (say 70 or below).

The only way to really see what is going on is a set of gauges and a temperature chart.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Hey I get to post one! Today I replaced my fuel pump with one of the DMCH all-in-one units. The one in the car (Bosch unit that I installed in 199 was still working, but the rubber boot was turning into mush and the upper pump cover was cracked. Since the gasoline isn't getting any better around here, I decided it was time. I was also still running the orange hoses that we've seen failing. The inside of the tank was perfect other than the beginnings of some rubber residue from the failing boot. This to show that actually driving the cars rather than parking them for years, is much better for the car.

Funny thing - I believe that I actually installed the Bosch fuel pump in the parking lot of the Columbus Warehouse at the first open house (part of the first Cincinnati DCS) after DMC Houston bought out Kapac. I must have done the hoses later, it was an emergency repair at the time and I think the only thing I changed in the parking lot was the pump.

Ouch - that was 20 years ago!!

Also flushed the brake system today. I highly recommend this brake pressure bleeder - no affiliation, just a good product:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben.../007237sch01a/

The standard adapter fits the DMC master just fine (as well as all BMWs and a bunch of other Euro cars with Girling brakes)
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Thank you nkemp for your response

Couple questions:
    1) Is the compressor cycling at the same rate as the fans?
    If so, the AC refrigerant may be low - compressor seems to be cycling at the same rate/time as the fans
    2) When you jumper the fans at the otterstat (AC off), do the fans run normal? - yes they do...
    If not so, it could be the breaker you hear cycling/clicking. Why would be a different discussion.
    Thank you for the help

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Short cycling is normal at cooler temperature/lower fan speed/higher engine speed. It's really hard to generalize. The cycling is caused by the low pressure switch monitoring low side pressure, nothing else. The pressure depends on how much heat is being removed by the condenser.

Longest cycle is blower on full speed with engine idling on a 90 degree day. Shortest would be engine at driving RPM (1800+), blower on low, outside temp cooler (say 70 or below).

The only way to really see what is going on is a set of gauges and a temperature chart.
    Thank you Dave, I'll keep at this and see how I go

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Hey I get to post one! Today I replaced my fuel pump with one of the DMCH all-in-one units. The one in the car (Bosch unit that I installed in 199 was still working, but the rubber boot was turning into mush and the upper pump cover was cracked. Since the gasoline isn't getting any better around here, I decided it was time. I was also still running the orange hoses that we've seen failing. The inside of the tank was perfect other than the beginnings of some rubber residue from the failing boot. This to show that actually driving the cars rather than parking them for years, is much better for the car.

Funny thing - I believe that I actually installed the Bosch fuel pump in the parking lot of the Columbus Warehouse at the first open house (part of the first Cincinnati DCS) after DMC Houston bought out Kapac. I must have done the hoses later, it was an emergency repair at the time and I think the only thing I changed in the parking lot was the pump.

Ouch - that was 20 years ago!!

Also flushed the brake system today. I highly recommend this brake pressure bleeder - no affiliation, just a good product:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben.../007237sch01a/

The standard adapter fits the DMC master just fine (as well as all BMWs and a bunch of other Euro cars with Girling brakes)
    Thats a great amount of time for the pump to still be working good and that fact you drive your car as to letting it sit. Thats the worst thing for any car. So do you like the new sending unit style? I love mine and its nice and accurate. Got mine last summer from you all and its been great! Love updates like this. Thanls for the post!

Page 663 of 920 FirstFirst ... 163 563 613 653 661 662 663 664 665 673 713 763 ... LastLast