FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 898 of 920 FirstFirst ... 398 798 848 888 896 897 898 899 900 908 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,980 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Jesse, I love reading your detailed write-ups.
    Few items in the past couple weeks so combined in 1 post.
    - DPI SS grille
    - Holley RetroBright headlights (so great!)
    - Clear front indicators with switchback LED
    - Illuminated window switches with DMC alignment plate
    - DGo LED for climate control
    - DGo LED exterior bulbs (all) & LED dome light
    - Drayon tail light boards
    - Lower door seal
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    03500

Replaced the power wires with 2 GA cables with a power buss bar. My hope is to make more reliable connections. Apon inspection of the old cables there was definitely a lot of corrosion about 7 inches on the starter end.

So with eliminating the bundle of wires crossing over the engine I thought it needed just a little bling.

Dave B.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5510

I released a new video on the DeLorean EV conversion today - this one is focused on stripping the DeLorean's interior and wiring harness - taking it down to basically an empty shell in preparation for moving the EV components over.

https://youtu.be/aZVWvsji8sg

Last edited by CyberBill; 06-12-2022 at 02:17 PM.

My VIN:    4665

Replaced fuel accumulator and lines. Have to assume a prior owner replaced the lines at one point. Missing 2 screws on accumulator mounting bracket. Found the split line and was lucky to have had it dump fuel on garage floor rather than while I was driving.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    6125

I went to the Iola Old Car Show in Iola, WI yesterday and picked up some auto literature and a few Dodge hubcaps. It's one of the larger car shows in the midwest and has a huge parts/swap area.

Got to spend some time with a few other DeLorean owners and check out their cars.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Removed my 18 year old Eibach springs and finished a QA1 coilover setup on the front and rear. Rides so well now! I wish I had done this years ago.
    Attached Images
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Removed my 18 year old Eibach springs and finished a QA1 coilover setup on the front and rear. Rides so well now! I wish I had done this years ago.
    What QA1 parts did you use?

I did the qa1 front suspension a few years ago, but it ran horrible rough…
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    What QA1 parts did you use?

I did the qa1 front suspension a few years ago, but it ran horrible rough…
    Yes, I’ve heard others say the same. Back then the suggestion was to use a 375 lb Mustang II spring that would fit our stock spring isolators. I’m using a new isolator with an 8” 300 lb spring. Rides very nicely and is much less jarring than my AVO shocks and Eibach springs were. Really a pleasant driving experience on our rough Michigan roads.
    Attached Images
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Yes, I’ve heard others say the same. Back then the suggestion was to use a 375 lb Mustang II spring that would fit our stock spring isolators. I’m using a new isolator with an 8” 300 lb spring. Rides very nicely and is much less jarring than my AVO shocks and Eibach springs were. Really a pleasant driving experience on our rough Michigan roads.
    Do you perhaps have the p/ns of the springs and the isolators you used front and rear? I definitely want to do this change before I put my car back on the road.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Replaced the power wires with 2 GA cables with a power buss bar. My hope is to make more reliable connections. Apon inspection of the old cables there was definitely a lot of corrosion about 7 inches on the starter end.

So with eliminating the bundle of wires crossing over the engine I thought it needed just a little bling.

Dave B.
    Just curious how your wrapped your engine harness again after unwrapping it and removing the brown wires. I recently replace my browns with welding cable as well (didn't do the block though because I used 4 AWG). I'm not using electrical tape, that's no good for engine heat. Got a better suggestion that will hold up?
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Page 898 of 920 FirstFirst ... 398 798 848 888 896 897 898 899 900 908 ... LastLast