FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 783 of 920 FirstFirst ... 283 683 733 773 781 782 783 784 785 793 833 883 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,830 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Taking it back apart and I don't even care!

Pulled the intake all back off again to install a new water pump, also changing out the spark plug wires and rotor. This is my second time into the valley, and this time I'm all alone. Of course I can call DMC-81 A.K.A. Dana for a pep talk if I need to
    New water pump is in, and tomorrow will start with a pressure test, and re assembly of the intake.
    And to think, before I bought this car, the most mechanical work I'd ever done was change oil!

Went ahead and made sure all my fuel pressures where ok.
    Found that my primary is spot on but my control pressure is to high. 65psi instead of 42-45

So took of the WUR and drill a hole in the brass plug in the backside to expose the allen screw to adjust control pressure.

Everything back to recommended. Idles a lot smoother now.

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Sirolf View Post
    So took of the WUR and drill a hole in the brass plug in the backside to expose the allen screw to adjust control pressure.
    Sure beats buying a refurbished WUR Don't forget to plug the hole or you'll go lean on throttle during warmup.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Sure beats buying a refurbished WUR Don't forget to plug the hole or you'll go lean on throttle during warmup.
    I making a closing plate that sits between the WUR and valve cover out of aluminium to transfer the engine heat and closing the hole.

I am not gonna make a mess with RTV and this way makes future adjustments easier.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I had the day off of work, so I took mine out for a little drive to a few streets I've been meaning to get pictures at.
    All in Las Vegas. For those in the city, the locations are: Delorean Dr is by Craig/5th, Delorean Cir is near Craig/Rainbow, and Lyon Estates is at Tenaya/Deer Springs.

Delorean Drive has several other car names roads in the neighborhood, like Testarossa. It also intersects with Brickland Ct, which I'm convinced the namer was thinking of the Bricklin, but just got it wrong.

There also used to be an auto repair shop called European Motor Center and the sign in front said EMC in the same font at the DMC logo; it and a very strong resemblance. I say used to because when I went by there to get a picture, it had been renamed and the sign changed. Now it is just called European Motors, and the text is in a regular font. Location was Spring Mountain/Valley View.
    Last edited by jackb; 05-29-2019 at 12:26 AM.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    5312

Took my rear wheels off today to tight the screw that holds the parking brake because my parking brake barely works, and turns out each side is missing a pad. So the car has been with 1 pad on each side for who knows how long. Put them on order, explains that problem bwuahaha
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    10201

Disconnected the AC compressor (its available for purchase) and heater core. Removed the brake and clutch master cylinders. Getting ready to separate the frame and body.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Well, this past April marked a major Milestone in my Delorean Ownership.
    25 years!!!! the Silver Stainless Anniversary. In celebration of that momentous occasion, last Fall I decided it was finally time for some long overdue TLC work to be done at DMCMW over the winter. It was the first time I’ve ever let anyone else work on it. Today was pickup day. It got a new lease on life. It had been plagued with a bad driver side head gasket for years, it seeped on the outer edge. So knowing It needed new Head gaskets, I opted to go the Stage ll route.

On the more funny(Embarrassing) side. When I went to back out of the shop, I stepped on the brake pedal and commenced to grind the gears. It seems My left foot forgot there was a clutch pedal after 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Well, this past April marked a major Milestone in my Delorean Ownership.
    25 years!!!! the Silver Stainless Anniversary. In celebration of that momentous occasion, last Fall I decided it was finally time for some long overdue TLC work to be done at DMCMW over the winter. It was the first time I’ve ever let anyone else work on it. Today was pickup day. It got a new lease on life. It had been plagued with a bad driver side head gasket for years, it seeped on the outer edge. So knowing It needed new Head gaskets, I opted to go the Stage ll route.

On the more funny(Embarrassing) side. When I went to back out of the shop, I stepped on the brake pedal and commenced to grind the gears. It seems My left foot forgot there was a clutch pedal after 6 months.

Congratulations on 25 years and the Stage 2! Very cool.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Congratulations on 25 years and the Stage 2! Very cool.
    Thanks, Dana!

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 783 of 920 FirstFirst ... 283 683 733 773 781 782 783 784 785 793 833 883 ... LastLast