FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 492 of 921 FirstFirst ... 392 442 482 490 491 492 493 494 502 542 592 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 9201

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Got the top of the engine buttoned back up last night. Also reworked the hose clamps on the water pump to get the clearance for the intake manifold. Next up is the coolant lines, new radiator and pressure testing.
    Very nice work! I'm doing exactly the same thing on my car.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I kinda like these slim switches...what's the story with those? Are they a crossover part number or something that is close? The curved shape of the switch itself looks to be right on with the only difference being the width.
    Yes the curve is spot on, they are just not as wide. They are a Renault window switch. I got them from a seller in France. The window switches were about $30 with shipping for the pair. They are Renault # 7700705925.

The defrost switch is also a Renault part. It's # 7701348546. When I got it, I was surprised to see it was actually a Torrix brand part.
    Last edited by Chris 16409; 04-30-2015 at 08:38 PM.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    2723

New Headliners both: old passenger side was sagging bad...didn't bother me I don't sit there lol...wife couldn't stand it...then this spring my side sagged
    New hood struts : needed new since I bought it 12 years ago...bout time
    New Led door lights
    Got the door lights working (thanks to this forum and the helpful people)
    My radio came in for the bttf conversion so I mounted that and the heatsink on top and added the wiring.
    small stuff but I'm not so good when it comes to cars, so to do this all in an hour...for me...pretty darn fantastic and I didn't use any swear words.

Saturday all new tires...

mike
    Attached Images

My VIN:    3937

I went and got gas.

Other than that, tried to read and reply to some closed threads.

~~~

I agree with you completely Bob. And I agreed with what Shep said as well in that thread.

I also think it's baloney that the thread gets locked and the instigator doesn't get removed. If indeed he adds value in other threads or topics, then great, continue to do that. But stirring up a bunch of nonsense in someone else's thread trumps any good he does elsewhere.

If any of us messed up previously in a different thread, topic, product or opinion, ok, sure chastise that person in that place if needed. We all have our off days. But if someone tries again (like your thread was doing, Bob), we can't as a group give the guy a hard time based on what isn't written there and is only based on something elsewhere in another time or place.

If something that happened in the past offends any of us so bad that you're still irked by it, then don't contribute to the new topic. Everyone gets the right to do that. But we don't have the right to instigate out of the blue and troll like this MrNut guy did. If the people running this forum want to keep it useful here, then fix your approach on that. Issue a warning if you need to, but then that's it. Bye bye. You were warned.

~~~

Soundkiller, this has nothing to do with "not everyone liking Bob" and it isn't about keeping it open to the public or public call-outs. It is unfair to the guy and your approach needs to change. You want to help keep it fair to Bob or the others, delete the sort of posts that come from the trolls. You don't want to have to babysit threads so much, then warn the instigators to stop and then kick them out. Please fix this or the forum will lose more than just the guys who are a PITA. Thank you.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    02613

I made sure it was still in the garage.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    <2000

I torqued the hose clamps on the new water pump and coolant pipe, and next is replacing the slave cylinder and SS braided clutch hose while I have easy access. I guess I got carried away cleaning and polishing the thermotime switch....

Question: My old slave cylinder still worked, so I want to rebuild it as a spare. Does anyone know the manufacturer and part number for a good quality rebuild kit? Is it Bendix?

Thanks.

image.jpg
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    02613

Took the remaining header off -- yay!

Poured this out of the oil filter -- boo!

Attached Images
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

• changed oil (0 signs of coolant so yay!)
    • changed air filter
    • took off A/C belt and AC idler pulleys. ordered new pulleys (already have new pulley bearings but the pulleys need replacing too).
      so no AC for a few days while driving, but its cool enough around here still that wont be a problem.

still cant figure out my cold start squeal noise. only lasts for ~2-3 seconds right at start up when cold. thought it might be one of the belts or the worn out pulley bearing but after today, that doesn't seem to be the case.

new water pump is still sitting on the shelf, taunting me

My VIN:    10442

Club(s):   (PNDC)

SS Letters

I put some newly-purchased stainless steel letters on my rear bumper. And then I took my car out for a ride on a beautiful weekend day!

My VIN:    3294

Took it out of the garage for the first time since November. Washed it up and gave it a Barkeepers Friend shine today.

Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Page 492 of 921 FirstFirst ... 392 442 482 490 491 492 493 494 502 542 592 ... LastLast