FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 101 of 920 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Glued in 4 new stainless rear fascia studs on the bumper. fingers crossed this fancy glue holds
    Urethane?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Awesome thread!
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    when i bought the car 13 years ago it had a ding in the passenger door, and a quarter sized ding in the rear passenger quarter. its been a long time coming and I can't begin to express how excited I was when Dave sent these pictures over.

Attachment 10004

Attachment 10005

Attachment 10006

Attachment 10007
    Amazing job on the door! Very impressive! Did they regain the dent?

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Glued in 4 new stainless rear fascia studs on the bumper. fingers crossed this fancy glue holds
    Right on man, I really hope it holds too after all that effort!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    06960

So far I have removed the passenger door fixed glass. Also had to remove the strut as the door became too difficult to close with how bare it is right now. There is barely anything in it.

Now I'm cleaning up the stainless on the door for the glass and the glass itself.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Installed Henninger's door strut support brackets. So far so good, I'm letting everything cure a bit before I close the doors, but they were every bit as simple to install as others have already said. They're well made, and Mr. H is just a phone call away and very patient in answering questions. Installation was very strait forward and I do NOT think they "detract" from the appearance in any way, in fact I kinda think it looks cooler now. With all the after market door struts flying arround these days I think these or a comparable upgrade would be a wise thing. 1258 came with the original Stabilus struts and I replaced them with the ones PJ Grady had back in '07. They lasted a very long time and I noticed no displacement of the stock strut stud, however I've recently replaced the old Grady ones with Ed's "Soft-Lift" struts, I can't 100% say that's what caused my original studs to bend, but it was shortly after that, that I noticed they were pushed out a bit. So I made the call to go with Henninger's solution, for it's simplicity and ease of installation, I also believe they can stand a bit more stress. If any thing happens, I'll let you guys know.

-James

Installed DPNW's lower speedo cable. The speedo bounce is almost completely gone!
    Jon

My VIN:    6313

Installed the Escutcheon with Velcro mod to keep it from rattling or moving

I added pictures to my Album #6313 showing the installation of the Velcro rolls and velcro patches on the underside of the escutcheon. This allows the escutcheon to be installed and removed as normal (albeit with a little more resistance from the velcro). When installed the Escutcheon doesn't move or rattle. Stable enough that using the door lock button or door latch doesn't cause the escutcheon to move.

I also adjusted my strike pins on the passenger door. I found the method of moving them into random positions somewhat useful, because I can't see any logic behind when they grab and when they don't - too many variables. I'm think there might be a lot of frame flex around the door frame. I never got to the beautiful click that some others have described, but I'm happy with no longer having to slam it to get both latches to catch.

Holes Drilling in Door Lock Latch Bracket for Velcro Mount.jpgEscutcheon on Bracket showing Gap.jpgVelcro Rolls Mounted under Escutcheon.jpgEscutcheon with Velcro patches.jpgDoor latch and lock with Velocro rolls.jpgJeff #6313

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    I added pictures to my Album #6313 showing the installation of the Velcro rolls and velcro patches on the underside of the escutcheon. This allows the escutcheon to be installed and removed as normal (albeit with a little more resistance from the velcro). When installed the Escutcheon doesn't move or rattle. Stable enough that using the door lock button or door latch doesn't cause the escutcheon to move.

I also adjusted my strike pins on the passenger door. I found the method of moving them into random positions somewhat useful, because I can't see any logic behind when they grab and when they don't - too many variables. I'm think there might be a lot of frame flex around the door frame. I never got to the beautiful click that some others have described, but I'm happy with no longer having to slam it to get both latches to catch.

Holes Drilling in Door Lock Latch Bracket for Velcro Mount.jpgEscutcheon on Bracket showing Gap.jpgVelcro Rolls Mounted under Escutcheon.jpgEscutcheon with Velcro patches.jpgDoor latch and lock with Velocro rolls.jpgJeff #6313
    That's a very cool idea. Any chance of a more detailed writeup? Floating escutcheons are high on the list of things that bug me in the car, along with the walking switches in the center console. I fixed that already, but your escutcheon solution is elegant and cool!
    Jon

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    I'm letting everything cure a bit before I close the doors
    Simply shut the doors overnight without the struts installed. Tomorrow put the struts back on and enjoy your new door studs.

Page 101 of 920 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast