FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 102 of 920 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    06960

Holy Hell I never want to do that again. If I ever encounter another window so messed with by a previous owner im just going to buy a new door, glass, and channel.

So at some point before my ownership something happened to the passenger side door glass. Either it was removed and replaced or it got broken and replaced. Two of the 6 retaining tabs for the fixed glass were broken off already. But the bad part is how the window was secured. It was sealed with a mix of windshield urethane (correct) but also a thick bead of gooey sealant. That combination gave me hell trying to clean it all up.

After a few hours I finally got the door cleaned up, then did the fixed glass. That was easy by comparison. Much better angles.

Finally I cleaned up the aluminum channel that separates the fixed glass from the drop glass. This is what prompted all of my work on these parts. It popped loose when I was removing the scratched drop glass. Then I saw it didn't have the rubber seal around it like my drivers door does. I really like the finished appearance of it, so I decided to remove everything and clean it up and put it back together right. I'll tell you though, the cost of a new channel is worth it compared to cleaning urethane out of it.

Well at least that's all done and tomorrow I can get the fixed window all assembled.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

It's all about knowin the right way to do it.

I screwed around with the drop glass channel seal for about two hours trying to get it on the fixed glass and aluminum channel. You'd think the old way it could go in would be to insert the deal into the channel first and then guide it into the glass. WRONG! Apparently if you do it on the glass first then guide the channel over the rubber, you can do it in 10 minutes flat!

So far today, I have accomplished this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336078621.442941.jpg

From this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336078673.012919.jpg
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Repainted Windshield side trim finishers to match the Upper piece I did last week.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Put on my new DMCH Intro-Tech car cover. Fits perfectly, looks cool, and will hopefully work well.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Installed passenger door fixed glass into car.

Installed passenger door fixed glass weather seal into car.

Placed dynamat extreme inside key areas of passenger door exterior skin. Door panel resonance significantly reduced.

Installed new felt into passenger window channel.

Installed passenger exterior drop glass seal.

Installed 3 rub pads over passenger exterior drop glass seal retaining tabs.

Installed new passenger drop glass into carrier.

Installed drop glass into passenger door.

Aligned passenger drop glass/carrier placement.

Aligned passenger drop glass guides.

Installed new A1 window regulator into passenger door.

Called it a night.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Dynamat in the door. How much extra weight do you think it will add?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Rebuilt the carburetor.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Absolutely nothing.

Haven't driven it in 3 months.

Took it out of the garage.

Hosed it off.

Drove it all day, problem free.

Life is Good.

My VIN:    6313

Door project is DONE!!! AND reassembled a Door Mirror Control Switch

Two days to complete the door project on the driver's door. A LOT quicker than my first go around on the passenger door.

- New window regulator
    - Wedgectomies on both latches
    - Spring on latch mechanism
    - Replaced solenoids (even though working still) with a linear actuator
    - escutcheon solution (velcro to stop a loose escutcheon)
    - lower and upper trim panel join hider (fluffy velcro strip along the brackets between the upper and lower trim panels to hide any reflection from the bracket metal)
    - rebuilt the door mirror control switch (twice, second time with superglue! It will never come apart again.)
    - New foam on the vent in door and duct tape (used as God originally intended) to seal the ducts
    - New weather seal foam strip around the bottom of the lower trim panel
    - New fir trees (trim clips) on the lower and upper trim panels

It sure looks nice to have the door panels back on again

Just in case anyone is tempted to take apart their door mirror control switch, don't. It took every ounce of dexterity I posses to get all those tiny springs and ball bearings back in place. However, it you really must, some advice...

- Get a bowl to hold all the components, they all want to roll or bounce away from wherever you are working
    - Work over a baking tray so that if any parts do roll, at least you have a chance of catching them
    - Attached is a photo of the internal parts
    - 4 ball bearings, 4 small springs, 3 larger springs, 3 rollers
    - I re-assembled by holding the joy stick piece in place, and tipping up one corner at a time, putting a small spring in, then pushing in a ball bearing. There is a small metal gate that the spring presses the ball bearing against. Repeat three more times without letting any of the other springs or ball bearings come out of position (which means repeat the whole process about 10 times).
    - Once the joy stick piece has all its spring an bearings, put the top square of metal (an upper contact) back in place. I put a dot of superglue at each corner to hold the whole thing steady. Don't forget to reconnect the black wire. It connects to the top square contact.
    - Assemble the left right switch upside down in the housing. Put the larger springs in the holes (pretty obvious) and then lay the rollers across the top of the spring. The middle roller should be closer to the joystick bits than the other two rollers.
    - Close the unit by lowering the back side onto the topside (with the left/right switch assembled within).
    - Keep the unit held closed tightly and use superglue to seal the back side to the topside. (If not secured right, you will find that the left/right switch spring will force it apart and then you will have to start again.

This is an expensive part to replace, so be sure not to misplace any of the parts. I certainly never want to do it again

Door Mirrow Control Switch Left Right Switch with Rollers.jpgDoor Mirrow Control Switch Internal Parts.jpgDoor Mirrow Control Switch Joystick position.jpg

My VIN:    VIN 5120

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Pulled the power plant on #5120 tonight

I pulled the engine and tranny on VIN 5120 tonight. Project will include: have the heads re-worked, hotter cams installed, scrap the old BAE turbo unit and replace it with a performance exhaust, replace rear main seal and other leaky gaskets on motor, tear into tranny and replace roller pin on 1st & 2nd gear along with seals. Paint rear pontoon area and engine bay. I got my work cut out for me!

2012-05-05 22.24.09.jpg2012-05-05 22.31.09.jpg

Page 102 of 920 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 ... LastLast