FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 103 of 920 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Two days to complete the door project on the driver's door. A LOT quicker than my first go around on the passenger door.

- Replaced solenoids (even though working still) with a linear actuator
    Got any plans for your old solenoids?

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Put the rebuilt carburetor on with a new mounting gasket. Had to adjust the fast-idle cam up a little -- not sure if that has anything to do with running smaller jets or not. Managed to get it idling fairly smoothly. Still an occasional miss, but I generally need to re-torque the intake manifold bolts after it's been running a while. Next step is to put a vacuum gauge on it, but I am satisfied that it is now worthy of short drives -- not making any long drives until I have air conditioning.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Spent several hours drilling into/staring at the stump of a helicoil insertion tap that is still in my cylinder head.

Realized that at the current material removal rate of ~1/32" every two hours, accounting for having a job and other responsibilities, I will get this tap out in about... next year.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    6313

Door project is done!!! = Spare Solenoids

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Got any plans for your old solenoids?

Steve
    No plans - any ideas - they both still work? I got the linear actuators tested today (Door lock kit from Wings-a-Loft). It is working almost perfectly, perhaps one more adjustment to do on the driver's door to get it 100%. I did get rid of the busted window regulators!

Today...
    1) Got the battery and alternator checked at Advance Auto Parts. Both are 100% healthy.
    2) Adjusted the strike pins on the passenger side - once again proving I have no idea where the placement should be - but working well now
    3) Cleaned up the car and took it on 3 drives. Steering wobbles at ~60mph so getting the wheels balanced tomorrow. Engine and A/C are running great.

Jeff

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Drove to Reno for the weekend. She behaved nicely. but the ISC system still doesnt react fast enough sometimes and the engine stalls in heavy traffic. Sigh.... so many things to do to the car still

My VIN:    6313

NTB Visit for Wheel Balancing

I had some steering shake at ~60mph, so I took the car over to NTB for a checkup, $10 a wheel for balancing and inspection. Showed the passenger side was 'significantly' off. Running much more smoothly now. Got a look under the car and saw that the tie rod end boots were blown. Still some grease there so much have been recent enough. Got home and ordered new boots from DMCH. Wife had the driveway clear when I got home so I could park the D in the garage

Jeff

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Over the past couple days:

- Removed both seats, center console, and driver/passenger carpets (again)
    - Taped up the hole in the back of the heater box
    - Taped up the hole in the driver's footwell where the hood release cable and washer fluid hose run
    - Installed a backup hood release cable (still in progress)
    - Stripped both doors bare. Not Jim Reeve bare, just the inner panels, moisture barriers and some mechanicals
    - Replaced both outer door handles with the new DMCH ones
    - Rebuilt my broken driver's side door vent
    - Sealed both door vents very well with weatherstripping and duct tape
    - Put new weatherstripping foam on the inside of the lower panels
    - Stripped all the old glue holding the moisture barriers from the doors and barriers
    - Installed a new barrier on the driver's side, and new glue holding the old barrier on the passenger side
    - Lock and latch alignment on both sides
    - Slipped some more vinyl hose over some of the rods most likely to clank around
    - Cleaned the insides of the doors (a lot of grease, dirt, metal shavings, old glue, weatherstripping, velcro for some reason, nuts, etc)
    - Installed drop glass rub pads (made a huge difference, if you don't have these it's the best 5 bucks you'll spend!)
    - Cut my newly installed dynamat away from the area under the seat tracks. It was causing the seats to bind up and not be able to slide back and forth
    - Put the driver's side door all back together

Tonight the passenger side door goes back together, carpet on both sides goes back in, followed by the center console and seats. Hoping the A/C works a little better and blows a little harder from the door vents and that my seats will slide again!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    - Lock and latch alignment on both sides
    I need to do this and have read through the proceedure - looks confusing as hell. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    - Installed drop glass rub pads (made a huge difference, if you don't have these it's the best 5 bucks you'll spend!)
    Are these an aftermarket thing or standard issue?

Cheers.
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I need to do this and have read through the proceedure - looks confusing as hell. Any advice?

Are these an aftermarket thing or standard issue?

Cheers.
    Steve
    Steve, the lock and latch procedure is dead simple. Just follow it step by step and you can't go wrong.

The second door always takes half as much time!

Cheers
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Noticed screw in rear tire.

Took D to tire shop

Dumb ass tech broke the DOOR KEY in the ignition.

Dumb ass tech tried to curse me out for not telling him the proper key (even though he'd drivin it before, and I'd reminded him before)

Cursed dumb-ass tech out for trying to yell at me and for being fuckin stupid.

Long story short: The screw didn't even puncture the tire, and DMCH doesn't have the code for my doors. So one way or another the door locks will have to come out. I'm gonna break the good news to the tire center that said they'd cover the "new key". Boy oh boy are they in for a surprise...

Page 103 of 920 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast