FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 114 of 920 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 614 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Did some deep cleaning in the trunk area and replaced 4 missing M5 riv-nuts in random locations of the access panels. Next up is a making a new carpet board that fits properly. My original is warped pretty bad over the tire well. The new board will be 1/4 inch masonite so it should be twice as durable than the original. FWIW: I don't carry the useless spare anymore.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    FWIW: I don't carry the useless spare anymore.
    Why not? Even if it's crap, isnt it better to run it than a blown tire if you have NO other option (like no cell service for AAA)?

Just curious, from what I can tell it's still a decent spare.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Why not? Even if it's crap, isnt it better to run it than a blown tire if you have NO other option (like no cell service for AAA)?

I agree. I mean the spare is pretty much useless but I'm pretty sure it could get me to the next exit ramp or at least onto the back of a roll-back truck/trailer. I actually drove on mine a few years ago because I wanted to see if it would hold air. It was a bumpy ride but it holds air surprisingly well. In 2 years the pressure dropped from 60 to 40psi. Not too bad all things considering.

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Did some deep cleaning in the trunk area
    Snap - I did likewise last night! Before and after shots below.
    Attached Images
    Chris

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Have modified the ground lead according to Bitsyncmaster's suggestion (use of 10 AWG ground wire to shifter mount bolt).
    Results in a more stable dash (lights), a bit higher Voltage = +.1 Volt, more stable fuel gauge, fuel warning light now comes on close to 1/8 of the scale (before it started to flash reaching 1/3).
    Voltage now doesn't drop that significantly as before the change has been made (then a drop to below the 13V mark was "normal" when either lights or original fans came on), now it stays at +13V when fans or lights come on.

Next job is modifying ground wiring of fans and head lights.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    Have modified the ground lead according to Bitsyncmaster's suggestion (use of 10 AWG ground wire to shifter mount bolt).
    Results in a more stable dash (lights), a bit higher Voltage = +.1 Volt, more stable fuel gauge, fuel warning light now comes on close to 1/8 of the scale (before it started to flash reaching 1/3).
    Voltage now doesn't drop that significantly as before the change has been made (then a drop to below the 13V mark was "normal" when either lights or original fans came on), now it stays at +13V when fans or lights come on.

Next job is modifying ground wiring of fans and head lights.
    The fans already go to frame ground, but the OEM wire is a little small. I should probably up that ground wire AWG.
    The Headlights are the ones to wire to frame ground. That will just about remove high ground currents back in the relay compartment.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    The fans already go to frame ground, but the OEM wire is a little small. I should probably up that ground wire AWG.
    The Headlights are the ones to wire to frame ground. That will just about remove high ground currents back in the relay compartment.
    That's the intended route I want to go.

I also have in the works calendar your ground changes for the relay compartment.

For now I'm going to replace the fans for those new low current ones.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Big day for me today, took the car for its first NCT (National Car Test) inspection, (required by law), it would be the equivalent of the MOT in the UK, not sure what it's called in the US. Happy to say it passed with flying colours. The only possible issue was the rear side marker lights, apparently they'll mark you down for having them, so I just taped them over. You don't get them on cars over here.

Also, I was out for a quick spin this evening, pulled into a garage forecourt to turn around, and got ambushed by two photographers! Spent the next half hour letting them snap away. Hope to get some of the shots soon. I'm finding it hard to get used to this new-found popularity!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    Big day for me today, took the car for its first NCT (National Car Test) inspection, (required by law), it would be the equivalent of the MOT in the UK, not sure what it's called in the US. !
    There isn't one in the US. You can pretty much drive complete crap here with bad steering, one working brake caliper, and no brake lights here and nobody cares until a wheel falls of and you run someone over. Some states/areas do emission testing.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    5180

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post

I stopped carrying it a few years ago. A calculated risk I chose to make. I liked the extra storage space when packing for long road trips and the fact that most of the long trips involve other Deloreans too. Finding a spare would not be an issue.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 114 of 920 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 614 ... LastLast