FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 115 of 920 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 615 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

I took the car to its first cruise night. Lots of admirers and no disrespect. The car was running so well today - it felt faster and the engine was running much smoother with no lugging/lurching under acceleration. I hope it stays like that!
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Last week I crossed 69(lol),000 miles without realizing it. Which irked me because I was looking forward to it for all of the 68,000's. Caught this pic on the way home last night though.

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Last week I crossed 69(lol),000 miles without realizing it. Which irked me because I was looking forward to it for all of the 68,000's. Caught this pic on the way home last night though.
    Sexy time!

Picked up the Delorean last night after the expensive rebuild on the box. Wow! Changes smoothly and that feeling of compression of slowing down in 3rd lifting off the thottle is gone. Hope to take her for a gentle cruise this long weekend.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    There isn't one in the US. You can pretty much drive complete crap here with bad steering, one working brake caliper, and no brake lights here and nobody cares until a wheel falls of and you run someone over. Some states/areas do emission testing.
    I just got a state inspection: check function of turn signals, headlights, and brake lights; look for "check engine" light; make sure windshield is not cracked.

In the old days, they had a skid pad and other fun stuff ...
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I just got a state inspection: check function of turn signals, headlights, and brake lights; look for "check engine" light; make sure windshield is not cracked.

My wife and I lament the lack of CA state inspections every single day. We came from MA and NY before that where such things were mandatory and though annoying, at least provided the slightest bit of assurance that the cars on the road weren't total garbage. If you took your own cars to a place you trusted to go the extra mile doing your safety check, you'd definitely leave at least feeling confident in your own car.

Here we see cars driving around with no bumpers, no hood, no working lights, viciously bent wheels, broken windshields, you name it. Cars here don't rust, not even a little bit - so people think they're probably fine to drive forever with no (non emissions-related) maintenance.

As long as you aren't putting out one single PPM of smog over the limit, that is. Bent wheels, no hood no lights and no windshield? Get that thing on the road! One extra hydrocarbon molecule in your exhaust? F!@K YOU!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I think Georgia inspected my check for the tax, but that was about it. Didn't even look at it when I registered it.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Forgot to mention that they also checked the horn.

$10 well spent.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Finally finished installing my new fuse box. Mine was a pretty typical example of an original fuse box with melted fuses and new fuses spliced inline to replace the melted ones:

Photo Jun 03, 1 45 33 PM.jpg Photo Jun 03, 2 22 52 PM.jpg

Now I've got all the fuses back in one place and it's much tidier.

Photo Jun 07, 6 20 30 PM.jpg

I also stupidly poked my headliner with my hot soldering iron, so now I've got a nice hole in it. I've been wanting to buy new headliner anyway.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Finally finished installing my new fuse box. Mine was a pretty typical example of an original fuse box with melted fuses and new fuses spliced inline to replace the melted ones.
    Question for the group. Is what Kevin described here "typical?" I.e. do 51% or more of the cars out there have melted fuses in their 31 years on the road? I wonder because my car has no fuse box melting evidence. There are plenty of other typical issues on the car (angle drive for example) but melting fuses has not been one of them.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Forgot to mention that they also checked the horn.

$10 well spent.
    Is your horn original and if so... did they laugh at it?

Cheers.
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Page 115 of 920 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 615 ... LastLast