FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 920 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I fixed my AC leak - one of the Schrader valve cores was leaking. While it was empty, I also replaced the two o-rings on the compressor.

I also installed sway bar poly bushings. Not sure if it is simply because they aren't thirty years old or they really are a lot stiffer, but the front end feels tighter, and the 'shudder' I was getting under heavy braking is gone. I did a before and after test drive on a windy, hilly road near my house.

My VIN:    16409

Replaced Rubber on the Parcel Shelf

I'm sure many of you have had or currently have deteriorating rubber under the carpet on your parcel shelves. I really think it looks like an eye sore whenever you pull the carpet back to get into the rely compartment. I wasn't sure what to use to replace the original rubber and foam padding. I thought about getting a thick piece of rubber to eliminate the foam all together. I was looking at OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware), but the only rubber they had wasn't big enough to cover the whole area, and it was over $30. So, I decided the foam padding wasn't all that bad, it was just the rubber that was no good. While I was at OSH I found rubber that was the same thickness as the original, and that would work with the existing foam. The old rubber in my car was actually still attached to the foam pad so I had to do a bit of extra work the get all of it off (Note the knife in one of the pictures). Once the old rubber was off, it was just a matter of sizing up the new stuff. I used a sharp razor blade and cut it in place using a metal straight edge. I think it turned out pretty well. It's much better than it was that's for sure. I know a lot of people like to use DynaMat, but I only paid $9 for the rubber. Maybe in the future, I may replace the of foam pad. I think a carpet pad would work nicely.
    Attached Images
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Ordered housings and bulbs for H4 headlight conversion. Eager to get the project started. Wondering if the weather will cooperate. Fingers crossed!

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I'm sure many of you have had or currently have deteriorating rubber under the carpet on your parcel shelves. I really think it looks like an eye sore whenever you pull the carpet back to get into the rely compartment. I wasn't sure what to use to replace the original rubber and foam padding. I thought about getting a thick piece of rubber to eliminate the foam all together. I was looking at OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware), but the only rubber they had wasn't big enough to cover the whole area, and it was over $30. So, I decided the foam padding wasn't all that bad, it was just the rubber that was no good. While I was at OSH I found rubber that was the same thickness as the original, and that would work with the existing foam. The old rubber in my car was actually still attached to the foam pad so I had to do a bit of extra work the get all of it off (Note the knife in one of the pictures). Once the old rubber was off, it was just a matter of sizing up the new stuff. I used a sharp razor blade and cut it in place using a metal straight edge. I think it turned out pretty well. It's much better than it was that's for sure. I know a lot of people like to use DynaMat, but I only paid $9 for the rubber. Maybe in the future, I may replace the of foam pad. I think a carpet pad would work nicely.
    Interesting. Mine only has carpet with velcro to stick it to the rear boards. Unless yours is a later build?

Ordered 4 new tyres, couldn't get them to match, front and rears.

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Attempted to replace the alternator. Got the old one out, then realized connectors were different...new thread pending lol
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Interesting. Mine only has carpet with velcro to stick it to the rear boards. Unless yours is a later build?
    You don't have anything between the two wood covers? Is it just bare fiberglass? You should have some kind of carpet-pad like foam with rubber on top. Maybe someone else tore it out because it was all deteriorating.
    Chris Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Renee_1632 View Post
    Attempted to replace the alternator. Got the old one out, then realized connectors were different...new thread pending lol
    Where did you get your alternator? What kind did you have before? If you bought the new one from the vendors, then they should have included the proper plug. Do you have any pictures?
    Chris Miles

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Where did you get your alternator? What kind did you have before? If you bought the new one from the vendors, then they should have included the proper plug. Do you have any pictures?
    Just started a thread on the issue: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?94...allation-issue
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I dropped my classic insurance today and put the D on my regular policy as it is now my everyday car.

......and may god have mercy on my soul.....

Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Installed new headlights (actually a few days ago, forgot to post here) ...

SANY0846.jpg
    SANY0847.jpg

... and new door LEDs. (In the photos, the driver's side has new units, the passenger's side old units.)

SANY0851.jpg
    SANY0850.jpg

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 12 of 920 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast