FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 130 of 920 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 630 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 9200

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Wait, what is that?
    It's a one off " cigarette lighter socket stopper" The OP CAD modeled it and had made on a 3-D printer. We have one of those machines at my work for rapid prototyping. You make some really COOL stuff with them.

It's Funny though, I initially was thinking it was a Handle Bar End Cap for the New Delorean Bicycle.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Replaced evaporator, short hose, accumulator, etc. Ready to tighten all fittings and vacuum aircon system next weekend.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Very, very nice!

Tried to find it on their site, but guess it's not for sale anymore?
    Heh thanks!!
    I don't think I made it visible to the public, but I can send you the files if you want! Have you got Solidworks?

My VIN:    16419

washed and polished her up. Drove her all day yesterday. Have a new optima yellow top installed. I LOVE driving that car. Anyone who says that a 10" sub is too much for the cabin space dosent know what they are talking about. DAMN does that system sound good. Just wish i could have moved the battery to the trunk space and had 2 10" subs installed

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    She ran an absolute treat with only three issues:

1. Little to no vacuum to the booster (made for very tough 45 minute drives!)
    During third shakedown cruise on Sunday, plus subsequent garage testing since, I have confirmed plenty of vacuum on the line itself plus conducted pressure tests with the (new) booster. No problems there.

When I can get a mate over (my wife is nearly full term so she can't fit in to push the brakes for me) need to further narrow down why I have to shove the brakes so darn hard for them to (barely) work... something up with the callipers perhaps?
    Chris

My VIN:    4534

I went out to do the bolt down roof fix to Red and install the box of stuff I got from DMCH yesterday. I got the roof out, took the Tpanel off and took off the electrical cover plate. I cleaned of all the rtv and then the rain suddenly started to pour. It was cloudy but wasn't threatening rain. I had to hurry up and RTV the plate back on. At least I was able to locate a leak that had been bugging me. Unfortunately I didn't have time to patch the hole before it started raining. Sometimes I hate living in the south.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    03572

Found one of my new AC hoses was rubbing on the brake hardline bracket near the drivers side rear wheel. Tied it back and put a rubber guard on it. Thought I had all those lines tied back but missed that one.

Wish my new radiator had arrived because today temps did not even hit 80 degrees. Oh well, got a few home projects done.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Installed the short hose and accumulator [receiver/dryer] into the air conditioning system and pulled a vacuum on it. After 30 minutes, showed -5 in. Hg. Must still have a leak.

Lost track of the wiring for the low-pressure switch. Worried a bit. Swore more.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Rebuilt 3 of my CV joints (having done one only about 2 years ago due to a ripped boot). Shafts look great, nice and clean/shiny with almost no wear on the joints. Used Sean's trick of putting a little RTV on the lip under the big end of the boot to form a leak-proof seal under the clamp.

Amazingly, this is one of the first jobs I tackled when I first got the car. It seemed like such a big deal at the time. I did these three remaining ones in maybe 2 hours, with a ton of attention paid to removing all the old grease and shining the joint components. This car will make a mechanic out of me yet....
    Attached Images
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Removed the intake manifold, replaced the water pump, cleaned the valley of death and put it all back together.

It was actually a much simpler job than I expected (even the pipe of agony wasn't difficult) and thanks to the walkthrough in the how-to section, it was very easy. The most difficult part was actually removed the rear cover off the old water pump. One of the bolts was completely striped and I had to cut the head off with an angle grinder.
    I plan on replacing the radiator tomorrow.

Page 130 of 920 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 630 ... LastLast