FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 135 of 920 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 635 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Replaced the last original AC hose on the car, testing for leaks now. fingers crossed.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

After that, I ran the vacuum pump for just over an hour and it held steady at almost -29 in. Hg. after shutting off the hoses and turning off the pump.

I am leaving it overnight, so circa 18 hours later I will check the gauges again to see if it held vacuum. Fingers crossed...
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    6679

Upgraded my transmission oil plugs to nice big hex bolts - hopefully give me something much more meaty to grab onto if they ever get stuck again (refer to earlier post for that job).

One of my coolant hard-lines pokes a fair way down toward the ground, which has concerned me since I got her. During shakedown cruise #7 last week (test run after transmission oil change) I heard a little thud when plopping down a spoon drain. Sure enough I noticed the rubber on that join had a rub on it - of course that impact had caused a small amount of movement and the next day I discovered a few of the rubber coolant hoses had begun to leak. Took the opportunity to loosen them all a little, shove the hard lines in further and correct the height and angle of that protruding hardline (now sits flush with bottom of chassis), and tighten the crap out of them all. No more protruding line nor leaks - that'll do for now until (amongst all the other gear I have piled up for future work) I install my new radiator, fans, bleed kit, and silicone hosing.

Per my Creak While Braking thread I also installed Toby's sway bar upgrade kit last week too and headed out on shakedown cruise #8, very impressed with the handling improvement!

This weekend was then spent cleaning and airing out my garage, front yard, and entertaining area which were all a big mess from my recent work and stunk to high hell from that horrid oil I got out of my transmission. Naturally I also gave my D a very thorough bath as well
    Chris

My VIN:    4534

I finally got a saturday off so I was able to go to the local cruise in for a couple of hours. I met and compare cars with BigBen84.

Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Upgraded my transmission oil plugs to nice big hex bolts - hopefully give me something much more meaty to grab onto if they ever get stuck again (refer to earlier post for that job).

HEX bolts (straight thread) or HEX NPT plugs (Taper thread)?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Reinstalled the left quarter with new air inlet, installed new stainless engine cover labels, and regrained both quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    HEX bolts (straight thread) or HEX NPT plugs (Taper thread)?
    Tapered - but the auto shop I went to said nothing about the differences of NPT and BSP which I've just read up on when I saw your post So what they gave me was BSP - they screwed in just fine hope it didn't do any damage...

Will be reflushing again this weekend so will get another set of replacements...
    Chris

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Welded in M10 x1.5 Studs to the frame extensions as the old sway bar bolts ripped out.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Tapered - but the auto shop I went to said nothing about the differences of NPT and BSP which I've just read up on when I saw your post So what they gave me was BSP - they screwed in just fine hope it didn't do any damage...

Will be reflushing again this weekend so will get another set of replacements...
    Re-flushing? Why?

The 1 thread per inch difference between BSP and NPT is very subtle. Take the old plug with you and nest the threads with the replacement plug or have the shop check the old plug with a thread pitch gauge.
    I could not tell for sure which standard was used. It would not surprise me that it is BSP though.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Re-flushing? Why?
    I think a ferret died inside there 30 years ago...
    Chris

Page 135 of 920 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 635 ... LastLast