FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 136 of 920 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 636 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Got my Craig back in the car today. I asked Elvis to replace the tuning chip and fix my long-dead display, he did an amazing job! The display is perfect, good as new. And I can finally tune in my favourite stations.

I also made a little bracket that prevents the tape door from being pushed in, so the new wiring won't be damaged. I'm not going to use the tape anyway!
    The hard part was getting the radio back in the car - I put it in through the hole for the vents. The little screw at the back of the radio is a pain to put in, so I changed it for a slightly longer one sticking outwards from inside the unit, and put a nut on it to secure it in the dash.
    And the rubber connecting sleeves for the air vents... what a nightmare. Someone mentioned using thin strips of plastic to slide the vents into the sleeves, so I tried it, and it worked a charm.

And with that, my car's interior is complete!

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Came out from Lowe's to find this:

Photo Aug 07, 7 23 45 PM.jpg

Turns out one of the hose clamps on one of the connections by the radiator above the frame simply broke:

Photo Aug 07, 9 12 57 PM.jpg

At first I thought, "good thing I'm at a hardware store," but they didn't have the right size clamps. Luckily I was only about 3 miles from home, so I topped off my coolant using the extra coolant I keep with the car and was able to drive home with normal temps. Then went to Autozone, replaced clamp, pressure tested, all is well.

But here's your friendly reminder to keep coolant in your trunk, you never know when you'll have to limp home on it.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Came out from Lowe's to find this:

Photo Aug 07, 7 23 45 PM.jpg

Turns out one of the hose clamps on one of the connections by the radiator above the frame simply broke:

Photo Aug 07, 9 12 57 PM.jpg

At first I thought, "good thing I'm at a hardware store," but they didn't have the right size clamps. Luckily I was only about 3 miles from home, so I topped off my coolant using the extra coolant I keep with the car and was able to drive home with normal temps. Then went to Autozone, replaced clamp, pressure tested, all is well.

But here's your friendly reminder to keep coolant in your trunk, you never know when you'll have to limp home on it.
    Oh man. lol seems to happen a lot with our cars. And, I agree, it's always a good idea to have extra coolant.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    Oh man. lol seems to happen a lot with our cars. And, I agree, it's always a good idea to have extra coolant.
    I know I'll never leave home without a bottle of it again. It's so unfair that a normally bulletproof engine is so easily brought down by the cooling system
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    00910

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    These cars have a gazillion places for coolant to leak. It surprises me how often they don't leak.
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

My VIN:    1019

Just got the oil changed.

My VIN:    5316

Removed all 4 brake calipers and the rear rotors. Off to buy a 32mm / 1.25" impact socket to pull the front rotors.
    -Bruce Green

1947 Buick Special - my first ride & still my show car
    1951 Frazer Vagabond - Hatchback, rough but roadworthy
    1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL - Samoan Coral, new restoration
    1974 Bricklin SV1 (VIN 51) - Acryllic, awaiting attention
    1981 Delorean DMC-12 (VIN 5316) - Painted blue, mid-resurrection

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Yelled and Cussed then got depressed

For the first time in over 1.5 years, since I bought the car, it wouldn't start. I haven't driven it in 4 or 5 weeks. It tried to start but didn't feel like it was getting fuel. This is the first time it has happened It always started on the first turn of the key.

I've had a strong odor of gasoline at various times since I first got the car but, everytime I took it to DMCFL there was no odor. Once it was so bad I was afraid to drive it so I towed it 125 miles to Bonita Springs. When I started it only had the slightest odor AARRRGGHHH!!!!

Anyway I wonder if this is related?
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Fixed my cold start issue (turned out to be either loose or dirty connectors at the CSV/TTS)

Fixed my alternator problems (low voltage/flickering battery light) by simply replacing the connector to the regulator - removed the new one from Hervey and replaced it with my 30 year old original one, which works much, much better. Go figure.

Went for a shakedown drive to verify that the motor stayed cool and ran well, which it absolutely did. Still a bit of an odd whine coming from the relay compartment or possibly the motor area just behind it. That will need to be tracked down yet.

Drove through a small town near home for giggles and had a great chance meeting with a former owner. Details on that experience are here
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?56...ll=1#post68522

Overall a good day! Tomorrow I'm driving up to Sacramento to try for smog and hang with Clint and David for the day. We'll see how the smog goes.... fingers crossed.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    For the first time in over 1.5 years, since I bought the car, it wouldn't start. I haven't driven it in 4 or 5 weeks. It tried to start but didn't feel like it was getting fuel. This is the first time it has happened It always started on the first turn of the key.

I've had a strong odor of gasoline at various times since I first got the car but, everytime I took it to DMCFL there was no odor. Once it was so bad I was afraid to drive it so I towed it 125 miles to Bonita Springs. When I started it only had the slightest odor AARRRGGHHH!!!!

Anyway I wonder if this is related?
    If it has been parked overnight, do you smell gas outside the car?
    (if it's parked in a garage you will be able to get the smell being stronger: no way to get out into the open air).

Then test the gas cap: if you turn it, do you hear air escape/being sucked in?
    Check the carbon canister for gas smell and also check the roll over valve.
    You may have plugged hoses to/from the roll over valve or canister or one/both may have a defect.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

Page 136 of 920 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 636 ... LastLast