FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 139 of 920 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 639 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    I shipped my T-panel off to DMCMW so they could fix a weird ding in it, probably from a dreaded PO messing with the torsion brackets.

Had to get creative with the shipping because I couldn't find a pre-made box that was close enough. Can you believe this thing only cost $29 to ship FedEx Ground from ND to IL?

Attachment 12524Attachment 12525
    Impressive packaging! Very well engineered!
    David Proehl

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Nice deal! I'm trying to figure out a way to send them a rear quarter panel, it's a little more difficult. :-/
    I shipped my rear quarter panel to DMCNW last year. It was a bear finding a box big enough to fit it in. Finally found one that was used to ship a GM car door to a body shop. I shipped it via FedEx Freight using the vendor's account and then I just paid for the repairs & shipping once the work was completed. Saved a ton of money using his commercial account instead of as a first time customer. The panel also made it there and back with no further damage.

To see pics of the box, go here: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/201...-recovery.html
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I shipped my rear quarter panel to DMCNW last year. It was a bear finding a box big enough to fit it in. Finally found one that was used to ship a GM car door to a body shop. I shipped it via FedEx Freight using the vendor's account and then I just paid for the repairs & shipping once the work was completed. Saved a ton of money using his commercial account instead of as a first time customer. The panel also made it there and back with no further damage.

To see pics of the box, go here: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/201...-recovery.html
    Thanks for the tips! Nice of DMCNW to let you use their FedEx account, I'll have to look into that, and find one of those boxes!

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Impressive packaging! Very well engineered!
    Thanks! Actual dimensions were about 39"x41"x3". It was 25lbs. UPS quoted me about $115 to ship based on an estimate of a couple inches larger. Glad I tried FedEx!

Andy
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Replaced the hood release cable with a new stainless steel one and add teflon grease to it. Now the cable is teflon filled and the inner of the outer cable is also teflon. So it really is butter smooth.
    Also installed a back-up cable_ just in case, and just because it is the wise thing to do...
    Installed sound insulation on the back shelf. My muffler system is somewhat loud.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

A bunch of little but productive things. Installed some 5/8" black vinyl tubing over the torsion bars to stop them from rubbing on the hinges. Removed the T panel and put some more foam weatherstripping under the leading edge to stop an annoying rattle where it was hitting the windshield header. Fixed a strange clunk from the back of the car, that turned out to be a jug of coolant banging around in the front of the car. Gotta love these fiberglass tubs! At least it gave me an excuse to inspect the rear suspension, torque the rear wheels, etc.

Anyone have a passenger side parking brake cable they want to sell? I sheared off the stud where the cable attaches to the caliper and it's held on with zip ties right now

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Thanks! Actual dimensions were about 39"x41"x3". It was 25lbs. UPS quoted me about $115 to ship based on an estimate of a couple inches larger. Glad I tried FedEx!

Andy
    Wow, who knew! I paid UPS like $65 to ship a smallish (but heavy) box containing core flywheel and clutch parts back to DPI recently. I was floored that it was so expensive. Next time I'll price shop FedEx first, I always thought they would be way more expensive.
    Last edited by jawn101; 08-15-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    16419

still trying to figure out the power drain on my system. Found the DMC grill that came off my car on the road two months ago. Very weird how i ended up finding it. But Half assed screwed it back to the bumper using wood backing so that it wont come off until I get the bumper fixed. Since I was doing that, I decided to tear out the interior again and re do all the grounds for the equipment i installed. LED lighting, Extra power supply for the IPAD, all the relays...Then while doing that I decided to start cleaning up all the main ground points on the car, using my dremmel and brush. got rid of the decay on the flag on the main ground harness for the car, then the jump point in the engine bay, and the body ground point.
    Just waiting on the new alternator and ground wires.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

got my NOS Grady boards in the mail today, got them on ebay for a deal i couldnt resist: $65 shipped for the pair!

IMG_1020.jpg
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    16419

did it come with the screws and bulbs too? That is awesome. I might need to get a new set.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    got my NOS Grady boards in the mail today, got them on ebay for a deal i couldnt resist: $65 shipped for the pair!

IMG_1020.jpg
    Nice find!

Page 139 of 920 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 639 ... LastLast