FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 144 of 920 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 644 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03572

Filled my dry coolant system. Still about a quart short of the 2.9 gal it should take. Have not started the engine yet, I just pressurized the system and opened the bleed screw on the thermostat housing. Boy has coolant gone up in price. Paid $12 a gallon at Wal-Mart. The already mixed stuff was $10 gal...........Let me get my calculator to find the better buy.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Filled my dry coolant system. Still about a quart short of the 2.9 gal it should take. Have not started the engine yet, I just pressurized the system and opened the bleed screw on the thermostat housing. Boy has coolant gone up in price. Paid $12 a gallon at Wal-Mart. The already mixed stuff was $10 gal...........Let me get my calculator to find the better buy.
    I've been getting the O'Reilly standard green unmixed coolant since I've owned the car. The price is pretty much the same at $11.99.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0496&ppt=C0059
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Antifreeze is mostly mono-ethylene glycol (MEG), an ethylene derivative. Ethylene is made from either oil (via naphtha from a refinery) or from NGLs (ethane, propane, butane extracted from natural gas). Shale gas is dirt cheap and the cost to make ethylene in the US is now close to being the lowest in the world. Ethylene prices however are set by the higher cost increments (Asia in this case since they use oil based naphtha) so the ethylene guys in the US are coining money right now. Ethylene derivatives producers are just passing along those higher costs. This should all change by 2017 or so when excess capacity gets built and we drown in the stuff. Seen tire prices lately? Butadiene (a component of synthetic rubber) is a byproduct of ethylene production. As more is made from NGLs rather than naphtha, less butadiene is made, driving its price up and up and up...... no end in sight for that one.

(PS... this used to be the day job - chemical industry consultant)
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Installed Toby's sway bar kit this evening. Pretty nice upgrade, it no longer feels like the car is going to topple over in corners.

Painted my louvres and side louvres. I took the rear louvres off and painted them vertically. I'm mostly happy with the result, could use another light coat to even things out, but I ran out of paint. Also didn't have enough paint to do the underside.

Photo Aug 29, 5 39 43 PM.jpg Photo Aug 29, 4 48 07 PM.jpg

I think I'll get one more can to do my license plate bezel and windshield trim.

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Painted my louvres and side louvres. I took the rear louvres off and painted them vertically. I'm mostly happy with the result, could use another light coat to even things out, but I ran out of paint. Also didn't have enough paint to do the underside.

They look great! Did you paint the side louvres while they were still on the car, or did you remove them to paint?
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    They look great! Did you paint the side louvres while they were still on the car, or did you remove them to paint?
    Thank you! I left them in the car since they're such a pain to remove. It's easy enough to just mask them off to paint them.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Nice - SEM Trim Black paint or another brand?

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Nice - SEM Trim Black paint or another brand?

Cheers
    Steve
    Thanks! Yes, SEM Trim Black. Seemed to be the most-recommended and I wanted it to look right. Problem is no where around here sells it, so I have to get it off of Amazon and wait a few days if I need more paint.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Thanks! Yes, SEM Trim Black. Seemed to be the most-recommended and I wanted it to look right. Problem is no where around here sells it, so I have to get it off of Amazon and wait a few days if I need more paint.
    Did you try searching on their web page? There is a "Where to Buy" at the top where you can enter your zipcode. I found several places in my area.
    http://semproducts.com/

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Page 144 of 920 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 644 ... LastLast