FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 163 of 920 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 263 663 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Had to weld a new stud onto one upper radiator support bracket. Wish someone would sell these brackets in stainless.
    Hmmm.... I'm almost positive *someone* does because I put a set onto Cliff S's polished stainless frame when mounting the radiator. No idea where he got them from though. He's got a lot of parts I've never seen anywhere else. Only person I know that actually has stainless coolant lines; then of course he took them a step farther and polished them to a mirrored finish.

EDIT: Both the brackets and the coolant lines are shown in this photo:http://photos.grenexmedia.com/Events..._TPG9JKz/Large
    *stupid no right clicking*

My VIN:    6125

I'd be interested in a set of stainless upper radiator support brackets too if they're available somewhere. I got my old ones powder coated but I'd prefer stainless if someone is making them.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mjdehlin View Post
    I'd be interested in a set of stainless upper radiator support brackets too if they're available somewhere. I got my old ones powder coated but I'd prefer stainless if someone is making them.
    Grand prize of $0 to the first person to guess who might one day make these...

Drove the D to work today. Love how these cars look in the dark, the way the stainless shines with all the running lights burning just looks so cool.
    Attached Images
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Grand prize of $0 to the first person to guess who might one day make these...

Drove the D to work today. Love how these cars look in the dark, the way the stainless shines with all the running lights burning just looks so cool.
    Ok, I'll say it and collect my $0... DPI!

Also, great picture! Car does look good in low light with the shine off the stainless.

Quick update on what I've been doing: Last night started replacing my radiator. Had a new one from DMCMW sitting in the garage for a while waiting for me to have time. Right now the new one is mounted on 3 of the 4 mounting points. Need to finish mounting, hook up the plumbing, and reattach the shroud. Also while I had it out I replaced my working OEM fans with Toby's low power fans. Seemed like the right time to do it.
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Ok, I'll say it and collect my $0... DPI!

Also, great picture! Car does look good in low light with the shine off the stainless.

Quick update on what I've been doing: Last night started replacing my radiator. Had a new one from DMCMW sitting in the garage for a while waiting for me to have time. Right now the new one is mounted on 3 of the 4 mounting points. Need to finish mounting, hook up the plumbing, and reattach the shroud. Also while I had it out I replaced my working OEM fans with Toby's low power fans. Seemed like the right time to do it.
    Great news David! Did you make a call on your header bottle yet?
    Jon

Great news David! Did you make a call on your header bottle yet?
    Uh...not yet. How I have spent so much money on the car and am still rockin' the OEM header bottle I don't know. I'll get it ordered.
    David Proehl

Uh...not yet. How I have spent so much money on the car and am still rockin' the OEM header bottle I don't know. I'll get it ordered.
    Which one did you decide on?
    Jon

Which one did you decide on?
    As much as I'd like to have the original look with the improved plastic bottle, I'm going stainless because it says to the world "I'm taking care of my car." Thinking years out if I were to ever sell the car it is something a novice buyer could point to easily and say "he took care of that problem."
    David Proehl

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

As much as I'd like to have the original look with the improved plastic bottle, I'm going stainless because it says to the world "I'm taking care of my car." Thinking years out if I were to ever sell the car it is something a novice buyer could point to easily and say "he took care of that problem."
    Hmm, interesting. Any idea where to find the new plastic ones? I like the factory look....
    Soundkillr was here.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Any idea where to find the new plastic ones? I like the factory look....
    In stock here and Houston. $99 For some reason not listed on the website yet.

And DMC Europe.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 163 of 920 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 263 663 ... LastLast