FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 164 of 920 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 664 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    In stock here and Houston. $99 For some reason not listed on the website yet.

And DMC Europe.
    Nice!! Wish I had known, just placed an order from Houston for a radiator hose. Got a pic of the new bottle? Or a link to it? Need to get that up on the site!!
    Soundkillr was here.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Nice!! Wish I had known, just placed an order from Houston for a radiator hose. Got a pic of the new bottle? Or a link to it? Need to get that up on the site!!
    Looks like the original - except white.

new_bottles.JPG
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Looks like the original - except white.

new_bottles.JPG
    Yep, love it. I'll order one this week.....
    Soundkillr was here.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    As much as I'd like to have the original look with the improved plastic bottle, I'm going stainless because it says to the world "I'm taking care of my car." Thinking years out if I were to ever sell the car it is something a novice buyer could point to easily and say "he took care of that problem."
    So True.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Rewelded the broken off angle cable support bracket.

My VIN:    00910

Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

My VIN:    6125

Finally got around to pulling my leaky clutch slave cylinder today... my initial impression was that it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone has been saying. I had to two bolts out in a matter of minutes working from below.

Actually getting the slave cylinder out was another story though....After wrestling with it for a half hour I finally realized that the main reason it was so hard to get it out was the small coolant hose running from the driver's side head to the heater control valve. The hose sits right on top of the slave cylinder preventing you from pulling it up and out. My coolant system is all drained out anyway, so I just disconnected that hose, pushed it out of the way, and the slave cylinder came out with no trouble at all.

I disconnected the clutch fluid hard line at the bulkhead fitting on the chassis where it connects to the flexible braided hose and left the hard line connected to the slave cylinder. Once I had it on my bench I was able to get the hard line removed without twisting the tubing.

In total it only took me about an hour and most of the time was spent laying on my back staring upward wondering how the F&@k I was going to get the cylinder out with that coolant hose attached. So I just removed the coolant hose and the job became incredibly easy.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mjdehlin View Post
    Finally got around to pulling my leaky clutch slave cylinder today... my initial impression was that it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone has been saying. I had to two bolts out in a matter of minutes working from below.

Actually getting the slave cylinder out was another story though....After wrestling with it for a half hour I finally realized that the main reason it was so hard to get it out was the small coolant hose running from the driver's side head to the heater control valve. The hose sits right on top of the slave cylinder preventing you from pulling it up and out. My coolant system is all drained out anyway, so I just disconnected that hose, pushed it out of the way, and the slave cylinder came out with no trouble at all.

I disconnected the clutch fluid hard line at the bulkhead fitting on the chassis where it connects to the flexible braided hose and left the hard line connected to the slave cylinder. Once I had it on my bench I was able to get the hard line removed without twisting the tubing.

In total it only took me about an hour and most of the time was spent laying on my back staring upward wondering how the F&@k I was going to get the cylinder out with that coolant hose attached. So I just removed the coolant hose and the job became incredibly easy.
    Careful how you lay things putting the heater hoses and control valve back. Too many of us can tell you that the little hot water valve can snap right in half if stressed unusually, and I think a lot of that has to do with how roughly it is handled and how it lays behind the motor. Congrats getting the slave out so easily, though!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    6125

That's a really good point to make. The valve does seem to be pretty fragile and the metal pivot arm can also can bend easily.

I've got a full coolant hose replacement kit including a new water valve so I wasn't too concerned at the time if I damaged the original one. For someone doing this under more normal circumstances I would second jawn101's advice about being really careful with the valve.

Also, since my coolant system is drained there wasn't much liquid that came out when I disconnected the hose. If someone is attempting to remove the hose as a last ditch effort to get the slave cylinder out, first be absolutely sure the car is cool, and second, be ready with a cap for the brass coolant tube on the head. I'd also use a pair of hose clamp pliers to pinch off the hose before removing it. Sticking a bolt in the hose afterwards is a good way to temporarily plug it until it's time to clamp it off again and reconnect it.

I had to go visit my car in storage, Its been about two weeks since I last talked to her so I had a seat in her and asked how she was doing... She said "Build me a new two car garage home." I told her I cant, I spent all my money on buying you. lol
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

Page 164 of 920 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 664 ... LastLast