FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 179 of 920 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 279 679 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 9198

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Installed GS450's aluminum seat backs.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Drove my D to a meeting some 65 Mi away (1 hour trip).
    Speeds between 92 and 80 MpH.

Weather forecast said snow in the afternoon.
    Temperature 21.2° F (-6° C)
    Surely it started to snow by 3 PM.

Return trip in snow (approx 2 inches, highway less) took 2.5 hours.
    Speeds between 35 and 80 MpH.

D behaved splendidly: engine ran immediately on one turn of the starter (no heat riser).
    This was both right out of the garage and after 4 hours on a parking lot, covered in snow).

Who says a D is not reliable?

Only one minor issue: when using the A/C and heater on max, I still get cold air.
    Can't find any "holes" in the airbox, flaps seem to close (thumps heard).
    My understanding is that A/C flow through the heater core should produce warm air, not cold air.
    Any suggestions?
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

My VIN:    03572

Running "MAX" AC will turn off the heat. If you ran AC "normal" and set the temp for heat than it should blow hot air.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Running "MAX" AC will turn off the heat. If you ran AC "normal" and set the temp for heat than it should blow hot air.
    Thanks, Dave.
    Oops: Haven't thought of that .
    Will try that on a next run.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    Thanks, Dave.
    Oops: Haven't thought of that .
    Will try that on a next run.
    In addition using A/C with those Low Ambient temps will likely do nothing. The LOW pressure cut out switch will prevent to the A/C cycling. Just use Heat or Vent and the air blend control to regulate the temps.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 01-21-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    In addition using A/C with those Low Ambient temps will likely do nothing. The LOW pressure cut out switch will prevent to the A/C cycling. Just use Heat or Vent and the air blend control to regulate the temps.
    Agree, but my daily drivers work the AC in cold temps on defrost setting. I wonder if new cars bypass the low pressure cut out.
    Dave M vin 03572

Agree, but my daily drivers work the AC in cold temps on defrost setting. I wonder if new cars bypass the low pressure cut out.
    Here's a copied post from a GM tech thread:

"AC in general does not work under 32 degrees. Same in Houses or Cars. R12-22-134a will start freezing up their evaporator coils at those temps. The refrigerant wont be gas coming back to the compressor and it will liguid slug the the compressor valves.

Your AC compressor does turn on for defrost in winter, it works because youre running hot coolant through the coil right next to the AC coil under the dash.

Im not sure how they do it on cars but for running AC in the wintertime on resturants or houses There is a pressure switch to shutoff the outdoor ac Fan. It Keeps the refrigerant pressure up so the coils wont freeze. "

" the bcm locks out the compressor in temps below 40 its controled by the outside ambinet temp sensor colder than 40 it gets locked out! "

Welmoed said he was driving at 21 F. Interestingly enough the the static pressure in the system is about 20 PSIG. The low pressure switch is set at about 26-28 where it cuts out. The system just does not come on period. The threshold temp is about 30 F where the system pressure would be around 26 PSIG. At 35F ambient it would cycle very fast.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 01-21-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

This probably is not the thread for this but...

Our office has a lab area where the AC runs even on the coldest winter days because of all the equipment turned on and producing heat.

I have seen where the AC in the D will turn on once, pull the pressure down to the cut off point and not go back on until the next warm day. I think the switch cuts back on at 40 to 50 PSI. So your AC would not cycle quickly at those very low temps.
    Dave M vin 03572

This probably is not the thread for this but...

Our office has a lab area where the AC runs even on the coldest winter days because of all the equipment turned on and producing heat.

I have seen where the AC in the D will turn on once, pull the pressure down to the cut off point and not go back on until the next warm day. I think the switch cuts back on at 40 to 50 PSI. So your AC would not cycle quickly at those very low temps.
    Yeah I forgot about the CUT-IN pressure requirements.
    DENNIS

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

I Messed Up Today

So, the plan was to put the car up on jack-stands and remove the wheels to have them refinished. Sounds pretty darn simple, right? Well, here's what happened:

photo.jpg

This one is upside down, but it is the bottom flat portion of the rear of the frame cross-member on the driver's side. As you can see, it is now dented. Anyway, this is the one I'm worried about.
    photo-1.jpg

This one shows the cracking in the epoxy as a result of this.
    photo-2.jpg

I just really hope this is easily repaired and hasn't caused any serious damage. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by pezzonovante88; 01-21-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Page 179 of 920 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 279 679 ... LastLast