FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 180 of 920 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 230 280 680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

Installed period correct Nackamichi head unit, removed the craig for the last time, which was starting to eat tapes! Also replaced the rear speakers, I had done the fronts last year. The rear panels, likely I had been the first one to remove, ever... Pain in the ass, but a touch of the heat gun loosened up the glue and allowed me to remove them without damage... Those were pretty interesting. many mounts seemed to not be used, however between the weatherstrip, and the 3 screws they did seem to be quite securely mounted. I could only imagine if the other 3 points were used... they seemed to be a clip type that maybe were impossible to install? Also, the lower mount portion of the panels had 3 screw holes in the panels, but only one in the tub, and only one was used. Craigs had faulty foam, replaced with Kenwood 4X10's - which I take it should be at least a marginal improvement.

While I was at it - and because 1/2 the interior was already out, I tightened up all the tub to frame bolts, all of which were loose. Also, vintage Alpine alarm is going in too. Keyless entry on the way!
    Still rocking the Ducellier

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    This one shows the cracking in the epoxy as a result of this.
    Attachment 15947

I just really hope this is easily repaired and hasn't caused any serious damage. Any thoughts?
    Do you have any pictures of this spot on your frame from before, to know for sure you caused this cracking today?

My first thought was that it looked like something that had been there longer than from just today.

My second thought was, don't worry, it hasn't caused any immediate problems nor will it anytime soon. If indeed you want to clean it up, basically grind or sand down any surfaces cracking or peeling up and then paint over it with the gray coloured POR-15. That'll fix it up as about as good as you can do. But don't go for any salty Ontario road drives until you do

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5725

Inspecting trunk area for source of leak, weather here is 5 F, with winds at 30mph, -10 windchill. Even in my barn out of the wind I can only work 20 min at a time before I start freezing up. I guess its dedication or insanity, dont know which. At least it gives me something to do on my day off an gets the D ready for spring.
    Glen

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Do you have any pictures of this spot on your frame from before, to know for sure you caused this cracking today?

My first thought was that it looked like something that had been there longer than from just today.

My second thought was, don't worry, it hasn't caused any immediate problems nor will it anytime soon. If indeed you want to clean it up, basically grind or sand down any surfaces cracking or peeling up and then paint over it with the gray coloured POR-15. That'll fix it up as about as good as you can do. But don't go for any salty Ontario road drives until you do
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the crack is new. I'll have to straighten-out the metal that is now bent and then grind and paint. Bummer.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the crack is new. I'll have to straighten-out the metal that is now bent and then grind and paint. Bummer.
    I wonder what sort of hammer would work in such a small space.....
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

There is a vehicle scale on base, so I drove it to work today to satisfy my curiosity. The scale moves in 20lb increments, so it's not perfect, but good enough for free.

With a completely full tank of gas, spare tire in the car, nothing else:

FRONT: 1040 (1120 with 180lb driver in it)
    BACK: 1780 (1880 with 180lb driver in it)
    TOTAL: 2860 (3020 with 180lb driver in it)
    F:R ratio- 36.8:63.1 (37.3:62.6 with 180lb driver in it)
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    3299

Installed the fuel pump/sender combo. Everything went well - UNLESS your fuel tank is pushed too far forward. If that happens, you will NOT be able to clear the pump's electrical connector or the feed and return fuel hose nipples. No matter what configuration I tried, it wasn't happening. We had to start the three bolts facing the ground, then the middle bolt facing the windshield, and then i had to stand on the spare tire cover while Ken started the other bolts.

Just saying - if your fuel tank is pushed just a whee bit too far towards the headlights = not a fun day.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    3299

Finished the installation of the driver's side inner door seal. DPO cut a chunk of it out, so when I re-measured the length I forgot to take that missing piece into account. Had to measure the length of the missing piece, cut that out, and then use some small cylinder-shaped foam to connect that piece to the rest of the inner door seal with the assistance of 3M black weather stripping glue. Let that sit for a week, and yesterday it was good to go!

Once that was said and done, Nick Roedl and Ken K helped me re-align my door at the hinge bolts to help line it up with the striker pins better. We finally got the door to where it shuts pretty good, and the driver's side door now "launches" with WingsAloft 8-9/10 tries with the remote!

Patience.....patience....patience....
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    05457

Did a complete brake system overhaul (master cylinder, cleaning and caliper rebuilds, rotor turning, ss line installation) with the help of Clint and Jon! Thanks guys! You are awesome. Couldn't have done this without you!

Details and pictures of the effort are here.
    David Proehl

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Did a complete brake system overhaul (master cylinder, cleaning and caliper rebuilds, rotor turning, ss line installation) with the help of Clint and Jon! Thanks guys! You are awesome. Couldn't have done this without you!

Details and pictures of the effort are here.
    What he said. Amazing that we crammed 36 man hours into today but the finished product was worth it
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 180 of 920 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 230 280 680 ... LastLast