FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 190 of 920 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 690 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    891, 1045

Just checked my cars and they don't have bolts in those holes either. If the insides are wet I imagine it's a gasket failure.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    Just checked my cars and they don't have bolts in those holes either. If the insides are wet I imagine it's a gasket failure.
    Figured as much, thanks....
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    5*9*

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Finished reassembling my rear suspension after cleaning/restoring. Replaced original Trailing arm bolts with improved TAB kit from DMCMW and new bushings as well.

BEFORE
    2013-02-19_11-24-25_499.jpg

AFTER
    2013-03-02_12-40-42_913.jpg
    5*9*

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Nice job, congratulation

My VIN:    3937

Went over the fuse and relay area in the car to see how the connections looked.

I took out each fuse, inspected, and reinserted three times before leaving in place.

I also noticed one of the screws holding the relay socket tray to the main bracket was not in place. Likely not put back from a few seasons ago when I was reconnecting wires under the fan fail relay socket.

The screw that is missing is at the location of the cooling fan relay socket, #26 on the schematic. The screw on the other end at the low beam relay socket, #21 was in place. I replaced the missing screw with one I had and appearing to be a match. When I went to reinstall the relay into socket #26, it looks like the head of the screw is thicker/taller, and is likely touching the outside casing of the relay once it is fully inserted.

Is this a problem? Is there a potential grounded pathway issue here if I leave it as is? The top of the screw in socket #21 is close to touching the relay casing, but it looks like there is a bit of space in between still.

Also, when removing the 20 Amp fuses in the fan fail wiring upgrade, it looks like the wire on the right side which plugs into the right side female end of the socket, has the male spade connector end on the wire slightly oxidized. It wasn't rusted like you might see elsewhere on some fittings, but instead it had a bit of a shine to it and it was blackened. But not any kind of blackened that comes off on your finger if you touch it. It was more like the way stainless changes appearance when you heat it up or weld it. What's the meaning of this?! Any cause for concern there with that spade connector? It may have looked like this 4 years ago when I got it, I don't really recall inspecting it that closely.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

If the relay seats fully, forget about the screw being close/touching.

The discoloration of the spade connector is probably due to heat...you might check to see if it still has enough tension to hold onto the relay terminal/blade, but SOP says to replace it.

My VIN:    4534

I got into my VOD last night and found lots of clay. It's from living on a dirt road.

And as bad as that looks I'm finding clean aluminum underneath. I still have to remove the y-tube to get better access but a shopvac and an extension tube is cleaning everything up well. I ran out of PBblaster when I soaked the bolts last night so I'm going to buy more tonight and soak them for a few days. I'm still waiting for some parts before I can remove the heads anyway.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    If the relay seats fully, forget about the screw being close/touching.

The discoloration of the spade connector is probably due to heat...you might check to see if it still has enough tension to hold onto the relay terminal/blade, but SOP says to replace it.
    Thanks Ron. I am quite confident the relay is all the way into the socket. I didn't think there would be a grounding issue, but was seeking some reassurance

Agreed on replacing the connector. Either crimp new ones on or pitch it and get a replacement.

One of these days my garage will be above 0 degrees Celsius again and I can get back to making some progress on my car... I should have bought a polar bear farm and not a DMC

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Today I found that the two white/red wires behind the bulkhead connector had been quick-spliced together (argh!) and then quick-spliced to a single blue wire to the start inhibit relay. Something in this "repair" has gone awry and I intend to wire it back to stock specifications. Unfortunately, the wires were cut just behind the bulkhead connector, so this will be very tricky.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    16419

Took my car to its first car show. The friday night show at the Bobs Big boy in North Hollywood CA. Was a great experience. The car and all the custom lighting and work was really well received. It is still great to see that surrounded by all these great classic cars the DeLorean still captures peoples attention and imagination. But then again, that is what the car is all about in the first place.
    They have it there every friday night. Hope to bring it back earlier than I did last time and get a better spot to show off.

Page 190 of 920 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 690 ... LastLast