FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 207 of 920 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 707 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

You could probably make a few $ framing each one with a good pic of your car and a blurb about when BA signed them and then eBay them.

A NASCAR/Allison fan may not be interested in spending $20k on the car itself, but maybe a few hundred bucks on a unique signature item. Who knows!
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Got the fuel tank down to about 1.5 gallons. Waaaay more low than I'm comfortable with, and still no "low fuel" light.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    1019

Got it out of storage today.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Reinforced and quiet front end now

Performed a double-benefit job at the sway bar mounts.

Installed the slightly overdue front end recall reinforcing brackets, 111140 & 111141, between the front frame extension and the sway bar, during which time it was easy to smear some silicone grease over the sway bar at both bushing mounts.

• Downside: The lower radiator supports both needed mods to fit over/around the reinf. brackets doubling the job time. At least they're clean now.
    • Upside: The graunchy creaking noise that used to come from somewhere in the front during suspension travel is completely gone. Thanks for the silicone grease suggestion, David T and maybe others here over the years. Had already tried squirting silicone spray at the sides of the mounted bushings with no relief.

So now the front suspension is properly reinforced and it's just as quiet up front as it was a long time ago.

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Removed the 2 layers of old glue on the windshield moldings in prep for new seals. Also flattened out the grills on the engine cover
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Took it to work and thoroughly impressed a visitor.

Pulling back into the garage I noticed that it's time for my yearly coolant hose tightening and pressure test. Two tiny drips at pipe-to-hose joints.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Got the fuel tank down to about 1.5 gallons. Waaaay more low than I'm comfortable with, and still no "low fuel" light.
    How do you know it's that low? Which sending unit do you have? OEM or DMCH replacement. There are a couple ways to verify your Low Fuel Light. Access the Fuel tank area via the Tire well access cover.

Disconnect sender harness connector. Jump the LG/R wire to the Black wire or run a test lead wire from LG/R to the body (Metal). Turn Key to RUN. Light should be ON. (Y/N)?

If YES, Reconnect the connectors. Unscrew the the sender unit and lift out. The light contacts only touch when the float is sitting at the bottom of the tube. (You may have more fuel than you think) Turn key to RUN position. Light should be at this point. (Note: I've seen a sender that had poor contacts internally that required disassembly and cleaning to work.)

If NO, You may need to pull the instrument cluster to verify the bulb or other points of connection.

FWIW: When I'm driving with Low fuel. (OEM sender). The light will begin flickering with fuel sloshing at about 2.5 gals when it finally gets to a STEADY ON, I'm at about 1.2 gal. (based on refueling top off) Gals IN VS. Capacity.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    How do you know it's that low? Which sending unit do you have? OEM or DMCH replacement. There are a couple ways to verify your Low Fuel Light. Access the Fuel tank area via the Tire well access cover.

Disconnect sender harness connector. Jump the LG/R wire to the Black wire or run a test lead wire from LG/R to the body (Metal). Turn Key to RUN. Light should be ON. (Y/N)?

If YES, Reconnect the connectors. Unscrew the the sender unit and lift out. The light contacts only touch when the float is sitting at the bottom of the tube. (You may have more fuel than you think) Turn key to RUN position. Light should be at this point. (Note: I've seen a sender that had poor contacts internally that required disassembly and cleaning to work.)

If NO, You may need to pull the instrument cluster to verify the bulb or other points of connection.

FWIW: When I'm driving with Low fuel. (OEM sender). The light will begin flickering with fuel sloshing at about 2.5 gals when it finally gets to a STEADY ON, I'm at about 1.2 gal. (based on refueling top off) Gals IN VS. Capacity.
    The fuel tank is 13.5 gallons right? So I just subtracted what I filled to get my 1.5 number.
    1-800-273-8255

MARCH 30 (First Start-up of 2013) WOO HOO!

First time in 19 consecutive years that something decided to not work. (Temp gauge needle Pegged straight DOWN on the DEG F mark.) and would not move (let engine run about 10 minutes). I cycled the key a couple different times after (wiggle testing) at the sensor and Bulkhead connector. No change. but one time the needle moved backwards CCW to about 3:30 position with key OFF. Switching key back ON the needle jumped CW to 6:00 but did not move from there. Did not have time to investigate any further today.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    The fuel tank is 13.5 gallons right? So I just subtracted what I filled to get my 1.5 number.
    Yeah that's about right. I've seen 13.2 or 13.8 posted before also. I've done a true Empty tank capacity test. Would require trailering it to the gas station ;-)
    DENNIS

Page 207 of 920 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 707 ... LastLast