FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 21 of 920 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    I've had the carpets and seats out with a little bit of damprid in the closed up car to try to draw out all the moisture.
    Good stuff -- I keep Damp-Rid in the car at all times: I hang a bag of it from one of the cargo net hooks. I live in southeast Louisiana, so you can probably appreciate how much humidity my car sees.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

TS Lee left me with a puddle in the passenger side and a leak or plugged drain to find and clear.
    Make sure your windshield plenum drain is clear, otherwise rainwater will come into the evaporator box through the fresh air door, thence to the floor via the hose that's supposed to blow air on the blower motor.

Bill Robertson

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Yesterday: got the center console and HVAC panel/radio removed. Today: installed a 12 wire harness from a 2000 Honda into the dashboard and built my harness to hook the new head unit into it. Did a test run: all 4 speakers are working and the sound is amazing. I haven't even replaced the speakers! They're all still stock. I guess "amazing" is relative considering "silence" was my previous listening option Now I just have to wait for my new DIN faceplate to arrive from Houston...

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Make sure your windshield plenum drain is clear, otherwise rainwater will come into the evaporator box through the fresh air door, thence to the floor via the hose that's supposed to blow air on the blower motor.

Bill Robertson
    Thanks to Farrar's post I think that's where my problem is. A little rain doesn't hurt but a lot fills up the car. The water marks come through the fresh air vents. I can't seem to figure out how to get to that drain to clear it. Any tips?

That's a great idea Farrar, I'll make sure to do that. Humidty here on the Gulf is horrible.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Yesterday: got the center console and HVAC panel/radio removed. Today: installed a 12 wire harness from a 2000 Honda into the dashboard and built my harness to hook the new head unit into it. Did a test run: all 4 speakers are working and the sound is amazing. I haven't even replaced the speakers! They're all still stock. I guess "amazing" is relative considering "silence" was my previous listening option Now I just have to wait for my new DIN faceplate to arrive from Houston...
    Got the passenger side dash speaker installed. Yes, that took all day. I don't know who installed those speakers originally but I'd be willing to bet it was done before the dash was dropped in....

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Mounted my 8" sub in the storage compartment door.

Holy smokes what an improvement.

As i wrote in another thread, I mounted the amp UNDER the spare tire so it's completely out of view. I ran the ground through a broken riv nut hole in the fuel pump access panel to the rad bracket ground point.

This was a surprisingly time consuming project, mainly because I was being very careful and wanted everything to look as stock as possible.

The biggest asset was purchasing a complete wiring kit for the amp. It contains all the proper AWG wires, terminals and fuses.

The total approximate cost for the entire sound system project:

Infinity fronts and backs (3.29 and 5.29) - $54 & $72
    8" Infinity sub - $60
    Pioneer GM-D7500M ClassD Car Amp - $96
    Stinger Wiring set - $60

Roughly $350.00

Not bad.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Mounted my 8" sub in the storage compartment door.

Holy smokes what an improvement.

As i wrote in another thread, I mounted the amp UNDER the spare tire so it's completely out of view. I ran the ground through a broken riv nut hole in the fuel pump access panel to the rad bracket ground point.

This was a surprisingly time consuming project, mainly because I was being very careful and wanted everything to look as stock as possible.

The biggest asset was purchasing a complete wiring kit for the amp. It contains all the proper AWG wires, terminals and fuses.

The total approximate cost for the entire sound system project:

Infinity fronts and backs (3.29 and 5.29) - $54 & $72
    8" Infinity sub - $60
    Pioneer GM-D7500M ClassD Car Amp - $96
    Stinger Wiring set - $60

Roughly $350.00

Not bad.
    Pics or it didn't happen!

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    Hah, sure Ill get some when I have a chance. They're not too interesting though!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Banned

Thanks to Farrar's post I think that's where my problem is. A little rain doesn't hurt but a lot fills up the car. The water marks come through the fresh air vents. I can't seem to figure out how to get to that drain to clear it. Any tips?
    It's behind the lip that holds the spare tire access cover, directly in line with the pump. From the factory it has a small diameter drain tube, kind of like the evaporator box, which is just asking to get clogged with leaves and other debris. You are much better off leaving the hole bare. Do be aware, however, that the hole will dump rain water right into your fuel pump without something to protect it. I use a splash guard:
    PlenumDrainGuard.JPG

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    4534

Awesome, thanks Bill. I'll take care of that today. I'm sure I can build a splash guard or a better drainage tube out of whatever I have laying around.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Page 21 of 920 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast