FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 211 of 920 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 711 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6313

Finally, finally, finally!!! got the @#$%^ clutch slave cylinder out of the car. I wasn't able to budge the hardline connection to the slave, so I had to undo the other end of the hardline. The two bolts holding on the slave were straightforward once I had the right socket size (11mm). I got the slave moving but the coolant pipes just above the slave wanted it to stay in place. I got the clutch fork held back and stable with a 24in prybar and a large cable tie.

Not really looking forward to putting the refurbished slave back in.

??? Has anyone refurbished their slave and master cylinders themselves? documentation? I got the kits from JHarvey and thought it would be worth a try. Worse case I fail and get to practice doing this again.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Took a short drive, first in over a week. I never usually go that long but weather and other responsibilities conspired against me.

On the plus side I filled up on the way home and recorded my best D mileage yet at 26mpg. Most of the current tank was burned on the highway as opposed to my usual surface street and back road jaunts though.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    5879

Replaced the front driver's side marker light socket, as the old bulb rusted itself to the original socket. Now all of the lights, save for the headlights and a few internal bulbs, are LED.

My VIN:    01955

Replaced/cleaned all the fuses in the fuse box.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    ??? Has anyone refurbished their slave and master cylinders themselves? documentation? I got the kits from JHarvey and thought it would be worth a try. Worse case I fail and get to practice doing this again.
    It is no effort to do the slave but there were a few different types so you may not have the correct parts on hand. John has the parts for each type slave.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3937

I took my snow shovel out for a nice Spring push around the driveway. Beautiful winter we are having this Spring, eh?

Sheesh, Dunlop NCTs? Cooper Cobra sets of four? Nah... do they make snow tires for this thing???

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    01067

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Cooling System D #1067

I am overhauling the entire Cooling system. New Radiator/fans, waterpump(from DPI) and hoses(blue silicon. Also new Vacuum hoses(red silicone), Distributor cap and rotor, Oil temp sensor and wire, coolant tank, etc as the issues pop up. Started a few days ago and still waiting on parts. Learned alot about 'who' to order parts from

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Took Vin#15768 on it's first drive after it's 14 year hibernation 15 miles and only ground to a halt once! soon fixed with a tap to the fuel pump.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    03572

Looks like I will need to get a new battery. My yellow top has not been holding a charge for much more than a few weeks. I don't plan on another Optima because of cost but it has lasted 6 or 7 years.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I took my snow shovel out for a nice Spring push around the driveway. Beautiful winter we are having this Spring, eh?

Sheesh, Dunlop NCTs? Cooper Cobra sets of four? Nah... do they make snow tires for this thing???
    I recommend a set of Uniroyal Tiger Paw Ice & Snow II
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

Page 211 of 920 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 711 ... LastLast