FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 216 of 920 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 316 716 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3299

DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Tightened up both of the 10mm nuts that somehow worked slightly loose on one of the engine cover hinge studs inside the passenger compartment behind the rear bulkhead panel, causing an infrequent rattling noise over certain roads. Rattle eliminated.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Drove the car home today. Ran great. Hopefully the weather is okay next Sunday for the British car flea market.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    6313

After fixing the clutch slave and managing to get DOT4 over everything, I flushed out the engine bay - including the VOD - with a water hose. I then used a leaf blower to dry the engine off. To get the air into the VOD I used a 1/2in ID hose hooked up to the leaf blower. I then used my endoscope (aka "home DIY colonoscopy kit") to check out the VOD. It was mostly dried out and looking a lot better than before. Behind the water pump was missed so a second go with the hose and the leaf blower took care of it. This will have to do until I pull the intake off properly in a few weeks.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Wondered what goodies I will buy the car with my 44-cent federal income tax refund.

Looked at it longingly.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Jacked up the front to investigate a couple drops of coolant on the floor. It's either a short hose on the passenger side of the radiator, or the radiator side tank is starting to leak. Hard to tell, so I just cleaned up the mess, tightened the clamp and will check back. It is not an original radiator (metal tanks) so I was hoping this wouldn't come up... at least not right now!

Ripped out 2 rivnuts while removing the radiator duct to investigate. Somehow managed to drive to the store and purchase ONE replacement and not realize my mistake until I tried to install the second one that wasn't there. Sigh.

Tried to fix my oil pressure light switch. New thread on that coming up....
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Wondered what goodies I will buy the car with my 44-cent federal income tax refund.

Looked at it longingly.
    Ah.... at least you GOT a refund... I had to pay... and pay... and pay...

My VIN:    891, 1045

You could put a deposit down on a first class stamp Farrar. I'd suggest a Forever stamp as it'll give you the best return. Having said that my return will be pretty nice considering my status last year. Once things stabilize in my world I'm going to play with my deductions so that I owe every year. Better than to get a loan for Uncle Sam with no interest than to give one with no interest!

To stay on topic I picked up an Engine hoist yesterday and assembled it today. The sun has set, but I'm hoping to still pull a motor/trans tonight.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Replaced the extremely aging (yet surprisingly still functional) 3.5" front speakers with some Kickers. Rears to follow when I find some 4x10's. Then maybe a small sub or 2 built for the back shelf.

20130414_200553.jpg
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Replaced Front both front (crusty/rusty) marker light sockets. The bulb was frozen in the Right hand socket also

the Replacement socket is about 1/4 in longer the original. It does just fit with careful manipulation of the ground wire terminal attached to the socket.

IMG_0943.JPG

Left Front marker Socket
    IMG_0940.JPG

Right Front Marker Socket
    IMG_0941.JPG
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 216 of 920 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 316 716 ... LastLast