FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 228 of 921 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 728 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 9201

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6679

Eight hours of hell replacing the front left suspension spring (and shock at same time) - what an absolute b#tch that was!

Reckon I have it licked though, front right should only take two hours but won't get to that for another week.

Will aim for rears over next few days as they look piss easy to me.
    Chris

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Washed and shined it up for the British show on Sunday. Dug out the Mr. Clean Autodry thing I bought years ago (before the D even) and decided to give it a try. It did a fantastic, effortless job on the stainless and I will be using that from now on.

Also wiped down every inch of vinyl and leather inside with a damp microfiber. I can't remember the last time I bothered to do that and the results were awesome. I didn't realize how dirty everything was Vinyl cleaners be damned, I say.

Still having water coming in to the passenger side footwell from the blower motor when I wash it slanted on the driveway though. Not sure what to do about that. The drain isn't blocked, but I guess because of the incline of my driveway the box doesn't drain properly and water comes from the blower cooling tube.

Edit: Wow, I'm dumb. I just thought of this after 3 years.... park the car nose down...
    Last edited by jawn101; 05-17-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

I had to go to the Dentist so I thought I'd at least have some fun so I drove the Delorean. Stopped by FedEx to mail a package and a guy walked up and asked to take a picture. He waited till I came out. While in FedEx one of the employees looked out and screamed I think that's a Delorean. I told him it was mine and he followed me out. When he saw the guy taking a picture he asked also. So I raised the doors and took pictures of them standing buy the car with their cell phones.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I spent this afternoon removing the old foam under the parcel shelf - it smelled really bad. Discovered a mouse nest behind the rear bulkhead panel!! They had chewed quite a bit of foam. They had almost chewed through some wires but only removed the black wrapping... the little farkers...
    The shelf foam was really tough to remove, it broke up as I pulled it away. Some of it was practically welded to the fibreglass and had to be taken off with a paint scraper.

- Martin - VIN 5436 -

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    I spent this afternoon removing the old foam under the parcel shelf - it smelled really bad. Discovered a mouse nest behind the rear bulkhead panel!! They had chewed quite a bit of foam. They had almost chewed through some wires but only removed the black wrapping... the little farkers...
    The shelf foam was really tough to remove, it broke up as I pulled it away. Some of it was practically welded to the fibreglass and had to be taken off with a paint scraper.

Some Scrubbing Bubbles or Kaboom foaming cleaner (or your local equivalent, this is the stuff I mean http://www.amazon.com/Church-Kaboom-...ds=kaboom+foam) will melt that foam right off the fiberglass, along with any dirt, etc. And as a bonus the fiberglass will be gleaming black and so sterile you can eat off it (smells nice too, which is a bonus if you had mold or mice, etc). Spray it on, wait til it turns white, then wipe up all the old foam residue and glue and such in one pass. When I did my car I didn't even scrape up the old carpet pad. I just sprayed this stuff all over everything and came back in a half hour.

As a bonus, it also works wonders on any other exposed fiberglass in the car - the boot, engine bay, wheel wells, undercarriage... you name it.
    Jon

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Some Scrubbing Bubbles or Kaboom foaming cleaner (or your local equivalent, this is the stuff I mean http://www.amazon.com/Church-Kaboom-...ds=kaboom+foam) will melt that foam right off the fiberglass, along with any dirt, etc. And as a bonus the fiberglass will be gleaming black and so sterile you can eat off it (smells nice too, which is a bonus if you had mold or mice, etc). Spray it on, wait til it turns white, then wipe up all the old foam residue and glue and such in one pass. When I did my car I didn't even scrape up the old carpet pad. I just sprayed this stuff all over everything and came back in a half hour.

As a bonus, it also works wonders on any other exposed fiberglass in the car - the boot, engine bay, wheel wells, undercarriage... you name it.
    Well I'll be damned. I wonder if we can get that over here. I'll have a look for it!
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    06960

Installed a new radio. Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS which is one of their higher-end 2013 CD receivers. Has a built in HD radio tuner, "satellite ready" with tuner which I also bought, direct iPhone compatibility, and my favorite: custom color illumination. I have that now set at a matching green to the AC decal. Sounds way way better then the cheap low-end Sony radio I installed in 2001.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I've worked on my hot start problem.
    So, I've changed those two seal without any problem.
    Now, the fuel accumulator is another story
    To unscrew the four bolt wasn't easy, but finally I made it.
    I spend the all afternoon on those two big bolt to unscrew them and change the two hoses, but it was impossible.
    I'll try later, as a friend on the French forum advice me to unbolt them from the inside of the car.
    Attached Images

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Installed a new radio. Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS which is one of their higher-end 2013 CD receivers. Has a built in HD radio tuner, "satellite ready" with tuner which I also bought, direct iPhone compatibility, and my favorite: custom color illumination. I have that now set at a matching green to the AC decal. Sounds way way better then the cheap low-end Sony radio I installed in 2001.
    I just bought a new Pioneer for my D as well!. Mines not as nice as yours, but it does have the custom color option, which is what I wanted. It looks fairly inconspicuous.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Showed it at the UBSCC Sacramento British Car Show. Was pleased to take 2nd in the DeLorean class, losing out only to Stephen and #3130, a loss in which there is definitely no shame.
    Jon

Page 228 of 921 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 728 ... LastLast