FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 234 of 920 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 734 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Finished up the rebuilt and CV axles and install, Hopefully the car is all set to smog at 9am tomorrow.

My VIN:    4534

Learned that watching a couple of biplanes and walking around the car without fascias is dangerous. More blood on the car. I'm getting close to her first fire-up with the new exhaust. I've had to remind myself to slow down and pay attention so I don't screw anything up...or injure myself again.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    6679

Completed my spring and shock replacement for rear left today/tonight, but when I re-torqued both control arms to suit the lowered height I found inner upper bar INSANELY tight... once I finally cracked it free one of its washers disintegrated into a couple of pieces. Given it is now the early hours of Sunday morning I'm stuck at 99.9% until I can get replacements in the morning
    Chris

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Given it is now the early hours of Sunday morning I'm stuck at 99.9% until I can get replacements in the morning
    Being that Sunday is still 12+ hours away, I think there is a time travel joke in there somewhere.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Being that Sunday is still 12+ hours away, I think there is a time travel joke in there somewhere.
    Well, traveling to Australia DOES send you into the future, 24 hours into the future to be exact!
    Last edited by dmc6960; 05-25-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: sp
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Well, traveling to Australia DOES send you into the future, 24 hours into the future to be exact!
    My ex was Australian. I used to call her future girl.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    My ex was Australian. I used to call her future girl.
    Here you go, then.

kenny.jpg
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

That'd be perfect if we were still on speaking terms
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Today, I...

...re-attached the passenger-side rear trim panel, and was prevented from replacing the driver-side rear trim panel by the discovery that the bracket which holds the engine cover release handle is held on my two rivets, one of which was long broken and the other of which broke when I removed the trim panel. Huzzah.

The rivets pass right into the wheel well, so I took of one of the rear wheels for the first time. While I was there I thought about the parking brake, but decided against trying to fix it for now.

SANY0739.jpg

Those dark patches on the frame and trailing arm are smooth to the touch and shiny. I exposed more of it simply by rubbing my finger on the trailing arm. I thought DeLorean frames were supposed to be grey. Mine is black everywhere. What gives?

Anyway, my drill ran out of juice so I stopped with the rivet-drilling. Just because it helped me feel better, I put the car back down on four wheels and washed it. It looks a lot more roadworthy now, although a closer inspection would reveal otherwise...

Oh, I also ran a new wire to the choke heater, eliminating a quick-splice. I have learned that quick-splice connectors are evil.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

With Clint's help, we finished disconnecting a few things and pulled the motor and transmission. Removed the transmission and inspected the clutch. Looks perfect, which is good news after the slipping scare last month. Clint removed the valve covers, timing cover, oil pan and lower girdle while I replaced more coolant hoses and wire wheeled all the bolts he removed to ensure easy and clean seals. Removed all the old gasket materials with a sweet 3M abrasive bristle wheel. The oil pan really put up a fight and required an emergency blowtorch purchase. We re-sealed the girdle to the block, installed a new rear main seal and sealed the rear main plate to the motor. Got the oil pan seal installed and the pan reattached, but we're waiting til tomorrow to torque it down.

Tomorrow we will finish the oil pan, do the timing cover and valve covers then put the lump back in. Hopefully no leaks this time.

Anyone else notice how woefully incomplete the workshop manual is when it comes to torque figures?
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 234 of 920 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 734 ... LastLast