FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 238 of 920 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 338 738 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3296

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I haven't shared anything on DMC talk for a looong time. I have however completed my frame to body marriage on my DeLorean last weekend. First time those parts have been together in 4 years. 6 of the 10 body mounts did not line up, very strange.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Furry_DeLorean View Post
    I haven't shared anything on DMC talk for a looong time. I have however completed my frame to body marriage on my DeLorean last weekend. First time those parts have been together in 4 years. 6 of the 10 body mounts did not line up, very strange.
    Welcome back! I hope you were able to flex the body into place. I had to lean my body against it last weekend to get some of the holes in the middle to line up. (I wasn't doing a frame-off, just a/c hoses.)
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Welcome back! I hope you were able to flex the body into place. I had to lean my body against it last weekend to get some of the holes in the middle to line up. (I wasn't doing a frame-off, just a/c hoses.)
    Unfortunately no amount of flexing was going to fix this. It was as if my frame shrank in length by an inch or so. I had to elongate the two front and four aft bolt holes on the body to get it to fit. I did a lot of metalwork to my frame as well as a hot dip galvanizing job, I think that caused my frame to change shape. The body and the frame fit together perfectly now, I just hope this won't cause any more problems.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Unfortunately no amount of flexing was going to fix this. It was as if my frame shrank in length by an inch or so. I had to elongate the two front and four aft bolt holes on the body to get it to fit. I did a lot of metalwork to my frame as well as a hot dip galvanizing job, I think that caused my frame to change shape. The body and the frame fit together perfectly now, I just hope this won't cause any more problems.
    Wow, that's extreme! Good luck! Have any pics of your progress? We all love to see a rebirth...
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    891, 1045

You don't think that it was actually your bodytub flexing from sitting? I'd be willing to bet that if you supported your bodytub at each end and not along the backbone as well that your frame didn't change much if any.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    You don't think that it was actually your bodytub flexing from sitting? I'd be willing to bet that if you supported your bodytub at each end and not along the backbone as well that your frame didn't change much if any.
    It could very well be the tub as well, I did have the body sitting on the frame for a week prior to me elongating the holes but nothing changed. I had the body sitting on its jacking points all this time so both ends could have drooped down.

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Wow, that's extreme! Good luck! Have any pics of your progress? We all love to see a rebirth...
    Here's what 3296 looks like currently.

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg
    Looks great, gonna be a fine car when you're done

I see you have the same anodized black coolant bottle as I do. Do you know where it came from originally? I don't know if it was a D1 thing or what.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

welcome back, and 3296 is looking good!

totally off-topic: i noticed you have a harbor freight blasting cabinet... how do you like it?
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    I see you have the same anodized black coolant bottle as I do. Do you know where it came from originally? I don't know if it was a D1 thing or what.
    Sorry dude, I do not know where it came from. My Delorean came with that when I bought it and I have no solid history of the car at all. I am really happy with it though, its my favorite burp tank model out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    totally off-topic: i noticed you have a harbor freight blasting cabinet... how do you like it?
    Yea it is a harbor freight sand blaster. Its just big enough to hold almost everything I need to blast and is strong enough to work most of the time. Its certainly not close to those huge industrial blasters even with my massive 150 psi compressor. But it can handle almost everything with enough time. It does not blast powder-coating very well but everything else is peace of cake. The biggest drawbacks are insufficient lighting, moist air clogs the gun very easily so use a water separator, and you have to order the gun nozzles online, you can not get them from harbor freight stores oddly enough. And walnut shell media does not work in this machine. All in all though, its great for those every day home projects.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Page 238 of 920 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 338 738 ... LastLast