FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 241 of 920 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 341 741 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I've tried to repair my rear antenna with no luck
    It is not able to go down anymore, I don't know why?

My VIN:    10442

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Well, yesterday (6/1/2013) actually:
    1. Rented a storage unit to keep it in.
    2. Got it registered in the State of Washington.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    I've tried to repair my rear antenna with no luck
    It is not able to go down anymore, I don't know why?
    Could be a few things. Incorrect power/signal, bad antenna motor, busted nylon cable inside the mast. What have you tried so far with no luck?

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Built a mess of new shelves and a solid workbench in the garage around it. Mounted a huge fan to the back wall to try and cut the ridiculous heat in there. Almost installed a big ass air conditioner but stopped myself. Let's see how the fan works first.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

My passenger side indicator lights started doing the quick-flashing thing so I changed the side indicator light bulbs (original) as one of them was burned out. All the indicator lights are now working properly except for the side ones even after new bulbs. They won't illuminate. Any ideas?

I also took the car for a (short) drive for the first time in a few weeks.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    1776

Replaced the ignition coil and the weird ignition anomalies I'd been experiencing (missing between 1250 and 2000 rpm, only when hot) magically went away. Further clue: IME oil-filled ignition coils should not be leaking oil at the terminals!

My VIN:    6313

Variable Duration Intermittent Wipe Module

I've been working on this project for a while, but today I finally got the module fully constructed and tested in the car. The Module connects into the stock wiring just prior to the Wiper Control Module. No stock wiring was harmed in the installation of this module!

Here is a link to a youtube video of the module being demonstrated.

I've never liked the intermittent wiper controls on the Delorean. The fast, normal, and once wiper functions are perfect, but getting the car into intermittent wiper mode is just too confusing. You have to hold the wiper control arm down (in the wipe once mode) for 3 seconds and then the car will intermittently wipe about every 6 seconds. There is no way to adjust the duration of the pause between wipes.

So I created an add-on module that (when fully installed) will poke through the drivers left kneepad. As you might see from the video my kneepads have already been modified to include AC vents (no more AC vents in the doors). The unit includes a wiper dial knob (taken from a 1983 Porsche Targa - I just liked the knob - the electronics didn't work in this application). To switch into intermittent wiper mode you just click-on the dial (it clicks on/off at the most anit-clockwise position). When just clicked on, the wipers will sweep about every 3-4 seconds. You can increase the duration between sweeps by turning the dial further clockwise. At the furthest clockwise the wiper sweeps occur about every 60 seconds. To switch the intermittent wipe off, just turn the dial all the way clockwise. Pretty simple and intuitive. On top of that all the stock wiper functions and controls work as normal - even the 6 second intermittent wipe!

Here are some pictures of the assembled unit.

DSC00010.jpgDSC00011.jpgDSC00013.jpg

The module works by simulating a 'wipe once' at a duration determined by the setting on the new wiper knob. Once I figured out that an additional input (state) device was needed (the stock Delorean doesn't provide enough inputs to allow for an intuitive state machine - and thus the "hold down" method to get into intermittent wipe) I figured I'd go with something that was very intuitive to use and easily adjustable. Trying to use the stock inputs to do variable duration wipe would have meant doing an even more convoluted method - there are just too few input modes.

The module connects in-line with the existing connectors running from the steering wheel control stalks to the wiper control module. I used church window connectors so that you just unplug a connector from the wiper control module, plug it into this unit, and then plug the output of this unit into the wiper control module. The additional black wire is a ground wire that just connects to the same ground as the existing wiper control module. It should have been very easy, but due to the location of the unit there was some swearing involved.

Project cost was $10 for the timer unit, $15 for the church window connector, $10 for the large potentiometer, $15 for the Porsche wiper knob, plastic box was leftover from an iPod Nano. So $50 total. When I get some time I'll write this one up.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Yesterday we had festivities in our city, like many cities have to entertain their citizens.
    There has been a parade of local sports, music, dance and other art performing groups.
    In this parade we had 21 different oldtimer cars all from locals.
    Of course I also showed my DeLorean.

After the parade we exhibited our cars in the city center square.
    Next to my D there a very special "means of transport".
    Thought this was fun for you to see.
    Anyone knows what make it is? (I, of course know )

20130602-1w.jpg 20130602-2w.jpg
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

My VIN:    04610

Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    Yesterday we had festivities in our city, like many cities have to entertain their citizens.
    There has been a parade of local sports, music, dance and other art performing groups.
    In this parade we had 21 different oldtimer cars all from locals.
    Of course I also showed my DeLorean.

After the parade we exhibited our cars in the city center square.
    Next to my D there a very special "means of transport".
    Thought this was fun for you to see.
    Anyone knows what make it is? (I, of course know )

20130602-1w.jpg 20130602-2w.jpg
    Easy one, Welmoed, that's a Velorex-Jawa Type 16/175, 16/250 or 16/350 (depending on engine size). It was made between 1958 and 1972. They made about 12000 examples of the 16/350, so it wil probably be one of these, won't it?

My VIN:    1019

Washed it today.

Page 241 of 920 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 341 741 ... LastLast