FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 246 of 920 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 296 346 746 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by DMC81 View Post

I know this is not a big deal for most of you guys but I was pretty proud of my self since it was my first time doing this. lol
    That's great, Mike! You're doing a good job there! As for taking the intake off - why not? Four more bolts and you're there. GREAT opportunity to do some 20+ year old stuff. Get all new bolts for everything - no not re-use your Y-coolant pipe bolts or your 4 intake manifold anchoring bolts if you do decide to take the intake manifold off.

Nice job !
    Last edited by DeLorean03; 06-09-2013 at 10:45 PM.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    00910

I installed Ed Uding's beautiful aluminum radiator!
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    That's great, Mike! You're doing a good job there! As for taking the intake off - why not? Four more bolts and you're there. GREAT opportunity to do some 20+ year old stuff. Get all new bolts for everything - no not re-use your Y-coolant pipe bolts or your 4 intake manifold anchoring bolts if you do decide to take the intake manifold off.

Nice job !

Thanks! I do plan to replace most of the bolts why it apart and like you said I'm sure I'll go ahead and take it all the way down since I made it this far.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmike View Post
    I installed Ed Uding's beautiful aluminum radiator!
    Hey Mike, do you have the original plastic radiator duct or the fiberglass reproduction?

That radiator really is pretty... a real shame to hide it behind the chipped up condenser.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Finally finshed my c4 Corvette 3rd brake light install, i think i will write a how to when i get the pics uploaded. Even installed a quick disconnect from a old BMW to help when the louvers are removed.

My VIN:    6125

I took my car in for 4 wheel alignment and brought this service bulletin with me for the alignment specs.

http://dmcnews.com/bulletins/ST-34-1.82.html

I also brought along a few extra shims for adjusting the rear toe. Everything is now set up as it should be and I'm all set to drive down to the DMCMW open house on Saturday!

With the new shocks, lowered stance, poly bushings up front, and the lower control arm supports I noticed a marked improvement in the steering response and handling. The last step is to install the DMCMW front strut bar brace and the suspension will finally be done. I'm really impressed with how well the car drives now and it makes me feel like all the work I've been doing on the car was worth the time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I took my car in for 4 wheel alignment and brought this service bulletin with me for the alignment specs.

http://dmcnews.com/bulletins/ST-34-1.82.html

I also brought along a few extra shims for adjusting the rear toe. Everything is now set up as it should be and I'm all set to drive down to the DMCMW open house on Saturday!

With the new shocks, lowered stance, poly bushings up front, and the lower control arm supports I noticed a marked improvement in the steering response and handling. The last step is to install the DMCMW front strut bar brace and the suspension will finally be done. I'm really impressed with how well the car drives now and it makes me feel like all the work I've been doing on the car was worth the time and money.

Looks like you have treated her right from the photo, nice work.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My VIN:    6125

Thanks! You can catch a peek of the yellow zinc plated exhaust brackets in that pic. It's kind of a bummer though how quickly the center section of the stock muffler discolors from heat. I thought about ceramic coating it silver but I think a high performance exhaust is in my future in the next couple of years anyway.

Went to remove the intake today, 3 of the 4 bolts came out great. The last one is very very tight so it is soaking in a pool of PB Blaster.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My VIN:    00910

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Hey Mike, do you have the original plastic radiator duct or the fiberglass reproduction?

That radiator really is pretty... a real shame to hide it behind the chipped up condenser.
    I've got the original duct. You are absolutely correct - it is a shame to hide it!
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

Page 246 of 920 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 296 346 746 ... LastLast