FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 249 of 920 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 749 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Washed it and cleaned the wheels with that lug nut brush. Huge difference. Looks great and ready to drive again!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Finally welded in an additional O2 bung before the Cat so I can begin to wire up my Wideband O2, yet another step in the EFi swap.

My VIN:    06960

Spend the whole day working on recovering the drivers seat with the heating and cooling mods now in place. About 1-2 hours of work tomorrow and it will be complete. Then the drivers and passenger seats can finally go back into their proper positions and anyone can try them out at the DMCMW open house on Saturday.

Pictures tomorrow.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    6125

Yesterday I made the first long trip in my car since finishing the rebuild... I'm happy to report that I made the 70 mile journey to my new house with no issues. The temp gauge never made it past the first tick mark on the dial so the new aluminum reproduction radiator from DMCH seems to be doing its job very well.

The A/C is offically dead though which made for a bit of a warm trip. The service records of the PO show that a can or two of R12 was added every couple of years to keep the system charged. I've been reading up on a few other threads here about R134a conversion. If I can find the source of the leak and can patch it up I may just stick with R12. Not sure what to do at this point yet.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I installed the diodes in the courtesy light circuit. It still doesn't behave correctly.

I cleaned and organized the garage and covered the car. Time to study some schematics -- I may have to remove Dave McKeen's new courtesy light delay module and return the socket wiring to stock configuration.

A discouraging afternoon.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I installed the diodes in the courtesy light circuit. It still doesn't behave correctly.

I cleaned and organized the garage and covered the car. Time to study some schematics -- I may have to remove Dave McKeen's new courtesy light delay module and return the socket wiring to stock configuration.

Would you happen to have a reference photograph for this?
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Would you happen to have a reference photograph for this?
    My camera is charging at the moment. What would you like a photograph of?

My VIN:    03572

It won't work with those switching regulator LEDs that superbright is selling. Just jumper my unit out and test if all is working as expected first. Then we can get the new dome unit working.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    It won't work with those switching regulator LEDs that superbright is selling. Just jumper my unit out and test if all is working as expected first. Then we can get the new dome unit working.
    Dave, I actually just sent you a message about that. I think it may have to do with the fact that my glove compartment is not installed...

My VIN:    3299

My camera is charging at the moment. What would you like a photograph of?
    If I recall correctly, there is some kind of "fix" for bringing back the "auto turn off after 10 seconds" feature for the newer domelights sold by the vendors. I figured that's what you were referring to? Maybe I was wrong... D: ?
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Page 249 of 920 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 749 ... LastLast