FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 256 of 920 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 756 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    No joke, man... Just about every day I'm reminded of how fortunate I am.
    Great to hear, Farrar. Anyone that manages to figure that out, has figured out how to be happy in life. Beauty

(...and for any of us out there in pursuit, I recently read a great book called "The Myths of Happiness" by Sonja Lyubomirsky. It really has some fantastic ways to remind us about perspective if you have the chance to flip through a copy).

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4870

Doing some major interior wiring checking and getting ready to install a newish radio. Removed a lot of aftermarket wires and a cruise control system. I hate the PO mechanic. IMAG0112.jpgIMAG0113.jpgIMAG0108.jpg

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by krs09 View Post
    Doing some major interior wiring checking and getting ready to install a newish radio. Removed a lot of aftermarket wires and a cruise control system. I hate the PO mechanic. IMAG0112.jpgIMAG0113.jpgIMAG0108.jpg
    Nice. Lots of work, but fun to hear your favorite song come through once it is all back together. Feel free to ask any questions if something isn't going back together quite as you thought... my car looked just like this 1-2 months ago

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Nice. Lots of work, but fun to hear your favorite song come through once it is all back together. Feel free to ask any questions if something isn't going back together quite as you thought... my car looked just like this 1-2 months ago
    Thanks, Im sure ill need some tips. Another good note: My Heat/Ac switch didn't work at all and found the ground wire laying disconnected behind the radio stack. That cant help.

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Today, I decided to give myself some more room in the electrical compartment by removing unused K-Jet wires.

I got a big surprise.

There was a large brown/orange wire connected to nothing. I decided to trace it and ended up at Fuse #7.

Fuse #7 on my car connects to nothing.

So I wonder what has been powering my fuel pump all these years.

I decided to trace out some other wires and ended up tearing apart most of the 32-year-old harness wrap. I plan to replace it with wire loom. In the meantime, I think I've just guaranteed that the car won't see the road before autumn.
    You certainly must have an experimental car (factory as well as "after-market") .
    On 'standard ' cars fuse #7 has brown wires at both sides.
    On 'standard' cars the fuel pump has a white/purply power feed wire.

I think you may be right in stripping the engine bay wire loom of its unused wires and re-doing the insulation.
    If you didn't yet have split the wiring for the starter motor and alternator into a new loom at the right hand side of the engine, consider doing it.

Good luck,
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

My VIN:    6679

Hate occasionally hearing the wiring harness move inside the doors when lifting/lowering, so zip tied a lot of them to various points plus installed some padding where one of the plugs hangs. Nice and quiet now

Also took the opportunity to eliminate the silly square plug in round socket design of the new DMCH window regulators I installed last year.

Reassembled the doors and then decided I might as well finally install the new struts I've had sitting on my shelf this past year.

Enjoyed triggering my door launchers a few times for the first time since I installed them last year, decided I couldn't be assed putting all my tools away, and called it a night
    Chris

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    On 'standard ' cars fuse #7 has brown wires at both sides.
    In my car, there was a thin (30-strand?) brown wire from the fuse #7, but after just two inches it had been spliced onto a thicker (44-strand) brown/orange wire.

Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    I think you may be right in stripping the engine bay wire loom of its unused wires and re-doing the insulation.
    If you didn't yet have split the wiring for the starter motor and alternator into a new loom at the right hand side of the engine, consider doing it.
    Not only that, I think I will simply make new harnesses from new materials. Fresh wire, fresh connectors, and fresh insulation would buy me some peace of mind.

Thanks for the good luck wish! I will need it!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    4534

Thanks to a couple of threads on here I found and fixed an issue with my temp gauge. I accidentally grounded it so it was pointing straight up. Once I had that I was much more comfortable running the engine for more than a couple of minutes. I ran it up to operating temperature while watching for any coolant or oil leaks. So far so good. I'll probably start the body reassembly soon. I'm thinking of tossing the fascias on in their current state just so I can enjoy my car for a little while. I miss her and I really want to see if I can feel the engine improvements.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

What a PITA! During my radio/interior clean out I figured it was as good a time as any to tackle my roof box and bolt it down as I can see it pulling away from the body. The shop book makes it sound very easy to remove the T panel, well not for me. There was so much black adhesive under there that it was holding on and did NOT wanna let go. I had to slowly and carefully peel the panel away without destroying it. After about an hr it finally came loose. Checking in the roof box I did find a fair bit of rust and used a magnet to pull it all out. What a nightmare, has anyone else seen this much adhesive? O and another thing, I thought I was going to have to glue down the black trim piece at the top of the windshield cus it was sticking up like it would fly away if I picked up enough speed. Turns out the PO installed it wrong and did not slip the clips into the metal bracket (along the very top of the windshield)... whew.. One thing that will be easy when this mess goes back together. A lot of sweaty work today. Time to grab a smoke

IMAG0118.jpgIMAG0119.jpgIMAG0122.jpgIMAG0123.jpgIMAG0261.jpg

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

After adding some lights to the garage to make it easier to work on the car without its interior lighting available, I started putting the electrical compartment behind the passenger seat back together. The bracket is back in, rusty as it is. In lieu of a new rivnut to replace the one that pulled out with the bracket, a black POM rivet was used. The other rivnut is in place with a new stainless screw in it.

Due to the reordering of the relays, I had to swap out a ground wire for a longer one. The same will have to be done with one of the cooling fan relays' "hot" wires from the circuit breaker. I'm down to one socket-specific spade terminal, so I'd better not screw it up...

Considering how slow my progress has been, I'm pleased at how things are coming back together there, or coming together back there. with the Fourth plus a furlough day this week, I hope to make some more progress before Friday.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 256 of 920 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 756 ... LastLast