FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 277 of 920 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 377 777 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick774 View Post
    Well after a lot of welding and POR-15 and a touch of Lab metal, 774's new donor frame is finished! Now to connect all the frame components. New motor mounts, blue silicon hoses everywhere, cleaned and painted the fuel lines and coolant pipes, transmission mounts and a few other goodies on the way. Im quite happy with how my front extension turned out. I test fitted the rack and its smooth.

Note: Please Disregard the rusty suspension components. I have been sandblasting all the susp. parts from the first frame and will be replacing everything. I just left these on to keep the frame mobile. Next I have to strip those wheels. I really want the machine finished wheels. Anyways enjoy
    Looks great! Im in the process of bolting my chassis together as well!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Today I drove my car and nothing went wrong! After weeks of fighting electrical issues, this was a welcome relief!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by Nick774 View Post
    Well after a lot of welding and POR-15 and a touch of Lab metal, 774's new donor frame is finished! Now to connect all the frame components. New motor mounts, blue silicon hoses everywhere, cleaned and painted the fuel lines and coolant pipes, transmission mounts and a few other goodies on the way. Im quite happy with how my front extension turned out. I test fitted the rack and its smooth.

Note: Please Disregard the rusty suspension components. I have been sandblasting all the susp. parts from the first frame and will be replacing everything. I just left these on to keep the frame mobile. Next I have to strip those wheels. I really want the machine finished wheels. Anyways enjoy

Attachment 21267Attachment 21268Attachment 21269Attachment 21270Attachment 21271Attachment 21272Attachment 21273Attachment 21274Attachment 21275Attachment 21276Attachment 21277
    Did you strip the entire frame or just as needed and retouch?
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Completed a few little catch-up jobs up front on the left:

1. Replaced the clutch reservoir line (pulled the original and "sweaty"-but-still-OK) just for piece of mind.
    2. Wiped down the frame where the clutch fluid spilled as the lower clutch reservoir hose connection came loose, as expected. At least I managed to suction the fluid out of the reservoir first.
    3. Refilled and tested.
    3. While both of the trunk access panels were off for that job:
    a. Strung a secondary/backup trunk release pull-wire from the trunk latch lever to an inconspicuous but accessible location inboard of the left frt suspension. Inspected main release cable at both ends (OK).
    b. Removed, cleaned, reattached the multi-wire ground lugs that are held by the 10mm bolt that's remarkably easy to get to on top of the frame - when the brake access cover is off.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

LED Boards

I bought some new 48 SMD LED boards off of eBay and was looking for places to use them. I ended up installing one in the engine bay light, and it is 100 times brighter than ever before! At night, I feel I could actually change an alternator belt on the side of the road now. Well worth it. I also ended up using one on each side of the car for footwell lighting when the doors open up. It looks very modern and is a nice, soft, white light. I can't stand the cold white LED lighting that you see sometimes. I also wired the lights so that both sides come on when either door is opened, like a modern vehicle.

Here is the 48 LED board that I put in the engine compartment light, as well as the old 9 LED festoon bulb that I removed. It never really threw much light.

For some reason this picture is flipped horizontally, but you get the idea:

Attached Images
    Last edited by Patrick C; 08-18-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    ex-01678

Installed Bitsyncmaster's solid state fan and fan fail relays. They work and look terrific, as expected. Not so for my continuing attempt to find LED brake lights which are as bright or brighter than stock and last. I tried these 1156 Cree center bulb with 12 SMD side emitting LED's http://www.ebay.com/itm/330972868919...84.m1439.l2649 Last week, when 2 bulbs arrived so I could test them before I bought 4, within 15 seconds 1 bulb's center Cree LED failed with a bad electrical burning smell. I emailed the seller and they quickly sent a replacement. Today, within 10-15 seconds, original good bulb had center Cree out and other bulb was lit but smoking as it self-destructed. The inside of my car is almost all LED but stable brake lights remain elusive. Members over at hidplanet.com put down these plug and play bulbs since they have no or little voltage regulation/current limiting capabilities. Many of you seem to have good luck with these bulbs but buyer beware on the above ones.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I hope I fixed my worst leak coming from the left cam cover under the AC belt tensioner, one of the old bolts was too short and not gripping, New bolts with sealant on them should do the trick.

Also glued in the lower engine lid grilles, No more heavy and unsightly metal retainer strips, Also reglued my driver upper door panel that wasnt quite on straight before.
    Last edited by vwdmc16; 08-18-2013 at 09:04 PM.

My VIN:    2861

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jmpdmc View Post
    Installed Bitsyncmaster's solid state fan and fan fail relays. They work and look terrific, as expected. Not so for my continuing attempt to find LED brake lights which are as bright or brighter than stock and last. I tried these 1156 Cree center bulb with 12 SMD side emitting LED's http://www.ebay.com/itm/330972868919...84.m1439.l2649 Last week, when 2 bulbs arrived so I could test them before I bought 4, within 15 seconds 1 bulb's center Cree LED failed with a bad electrical burning smell. I emailed the seller and they quickly sent a replacement. Today, within 10-15 seconds, original good bulb had center Cree out and other bulb was lit but smoking as it self-destructed. The inside of my car is almost all LED but stable brake lights remain elusive. Members over at hidplanet.com put down these plug and play bulbs since they have no or little voltage regulation/current limiting capabilities. Many of you seem to have good luck with these bulbs but buyer beware on the above ones.
    jmpdmc-

When I converted mine over to LED I used these bulbs for my brake lights:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...led-tower/163/

They are a bit pricey, but they are quite bright. I'd say even brighter than the standard incandescent bulbs. Installed them back in March and they're still (knock on wood) running strong.
    Mike

2861 - Aug '81, 5-speed, black interior, gas-flap.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I drove 3205 471 miles (753 km) from Vancouver to Kelowna and back to see a band. All in a little over 14 hours.

I saw 120 mph on a few occasions, the fastest I've ever driven.

Here's an amusing picture coming down the mountains into Kelowna... in neutral.

photo-1.jpg
    Attached Images
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    891, 1045

Glad I've got that 170 speedo...that way I don't have to worry about pegging the speedo.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Page 277 of 920 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 377 777 ... LastLast